Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

unique 2nd gen access cab subwoofer box, retains rear seats!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
bikedude135 is on a distinguished road

bikedude135's Tacoma Gallery
unique 2nd gen access cab subwoofer box, retains rear seats!

i know... another access cab sub thread! check it out though, i think i've come up with something really unique.

i took the concept from the jl stealth box, but adapted it to fit a jl 6w3 in a ported enclosure. the rear seats still fold down normally!

i cut out the entire middle of the center console so that the box slides in. it is anchored to both the console and the floor bracket so that it won't move. this deletes about 90% of the center console but still leaves some storage, as well as the cupholders. i can still keep pens/paper, wallet, candy bars, misc stuff in the console.

it's .25cu ft, made of 1/2" mdf, with a 16" x 1/4" slot port that follows the top inside edge. i used a box design software to calculate the port needed. initially i was skeptical of a port that is only 1/4" thick, but there is zero whistling. i've got some electrical tape covering the opening because the fabric looked a little ragged, i might look into something cleaner. the covering is velour from joanne fabrics in the exact same grey as the truck interior. a grille over the woofer makes the whole package virtually indestructable.

sounds amazing, punchy and low! the rockford fosgate 150w rms under the driver seat drives the 6w3 like an absolute beast. the end result is definitely comparable to an 8", maybe even a 10! i've had 10's and 15's before, which were overkill. i honestly think this is perfect for the interior of a truck.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Very unique and interesting. If you don't use your center consol thats a nice addition
Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
nice! im gonna do the exact same thing, but im going to fiberglass a unit that will fit inside the console and fit an 8" polk MM that i have. the sub hits plenty hard for my taste in a little single cab wedge box, so it'll be perfect...when i finally get hte time to do it!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
looks really nice, but you cannot compare the size of a sub with how loud they can get.

sundown makes 8" subs that are under 200 each that have hit over 150db on a TL and there were only 2 of them lol
Old 09-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
looks really nice, but you cannot compare the size of a sub with how loud they can get.

sundown makes 8" subs that are under 200 each that have hit over 150db on a TL and there were only 2 of them lol
it's not about spl but the quality of the tone. it definitely doesn't sound thin as you would expect for such a small woofer. ive had a sealed 8 with the same power and it didn't sound punchy or full like this one.

props to jl!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Nice sub setup man. Very clean. And kind of stealth. I like it. I wounld'nt doubt the power, sq, and spl of them as I've got 2 8's that blow me away every time I hear them.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
can you fit a handgun in the center console with the box in there?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great and its a nice clean install looks almost shop done
Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good but I'd glass it all up
Old 09-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I think this is the only thing I dont like about it. I like being able to secure my gun real well..and that just does't give me warm fuzzies.
lol. most it'll fit is a bunch of mags. or maybe a derringer.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #12
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I think this is the only thing I dont like about it. I like being able to secure my gun real well..and that just does't give me warm fuzzies.
doesn't mean you can Velcro a holster to the carpet

or hell, build a holster into, kydex works well
Old 09-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikedude135 View Post
lol. most it'll fit is a bunch of mags. or maybe a derringer.
possibly a 1911?

narrow gun if i remember correctly
Old 09-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
possibly a 1911?

narrow gun if i remember correctly
i measured and there's about 2.5 inches so pretty much anything short of a desert eagle will fit.

i keep a pack of gum in there.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #15
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
i was sitting staring at my centre console thinking of doing this no more depth restriction, and you have enough room to port it. im liking this more and more