1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USA Spec PA15-Toy worked in 2006 but not 2008

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by dfasano, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Sep 9, 2011 at 4:51 AM
    dfasano

dfasano [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Albany, GA
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Double Cab TRD 4x4
    Westin Brush Guard (Black), Billy 5100's Set @ .85", Eibach Springs, Black rhino lined low profile toolbox with rail, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's
    I installed a USA Spec PA-15 Toy in my 2006 tacoma (JBL 6-disc) a few years ago and has worked flawlessly.

I sold my 06 and purchased an 2008 yesterday (half the miles of my 06 in case you are wondering why). Same truck, sound system, etc. However, when trying to install the PA-15 into my new truck, it did not have a slot big enough for the connector that is on the PA-15.

Anyone have similar problems. Suggestions?

2. Sep 9, 2011 at 4:56 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    If I recall, the one I bought had 2 different connectors available. Maybe you can order just the newer connection kit?

As a side note, I Personally didn't like the unit at all and soon got rid of it. The volume never would go loud enough, and the functionality was always clunky. I put in an Alpine unit and it's MUCH better now. Well worth the extra expense.

3. Sep 9, 2011 at 5:10 AM
    dfasano

dfasano [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Albany, GA
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Double Cab TRD 4x4
    Westin Brush Guard (Black), Billy 5100's Set @ .85", Eibach Springs, Black rhino lined low profile toolbox with rail, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's
    I just checked my office for the box and seems I discarded it. Ill call the manufacturer and see if there is a different wiring harness.

I never had a problem with my unit. Volume will go as loud as you want it.

My buddy offered me his double din pioneer unit (05-06ish) with touchscreen and ipod connection but I personallly would like to keep the factory look. The truck has 2, 10's and an amp in place of the factory sub.

Products Discussed in

To Top