Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Scoshe dash kit - trouble with fitting clips?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Scoshe dash kit - trouble with fitting clips?

I recently got a Cobra CB and wanted to add it into my dash, similar to how MrGrimm has done.

I had a Metra dash kit, but the pocket is too short in height, so I bought the Scoshe dash kit.

However, I had problems with putting the factory clips on the Scoshe 'feet'. There's holes in the feet for the tabs in the clips to fit, but the holes were too far back from the edge of the feet. I had to drill new holes for the feet, but it felt like the clips weren't 'squishing' down very well...

Anyway, I tried to mount up the dash kit into the dash... didn't go easy, and idiot me gave it a little extra push. I decided to try taking it back off, which took two hands and ended up breaking off the top corner feet. One of the clips is permanently lodged in its hole and I'll have to drill it out.

The dash kit is still a PITA to get in and out even though there's only 3 clips left, and once it's in it doesn't hold tight, so I have to get a new one.

Have you guys experienced similar issues? Is there a better dash kit I could use, or did I just get a bad one?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I got another one, and they are identical, but this time I know the trick:

-shorten the legs until the friction clips snap on
-the legs are too thick. File them down to 1.57 mm