LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

MB Quart vs JL Audio

Old 09-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
MB Quart vs JL Audio

I am not happy with what I have now, I have heard that MB Quart highs are the the best while JL Audio components are better then MB Quarts. I am talking about the the most high end stuff. What do you think is better as far as components. Does anyone mix and match?
Old 09-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
you gotta listen to different brands for yourself man. not everyone has the same type of listening
Old 09-17-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
n a coma is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Trent
n a coma's Tacoma Gallery
MB quart highs JL subs!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
When you mix and match you should really ditch the passive crossovers that came with the speakers and go to an "active" crossover arrangement. This is because many, if not all, high end passive crossovers utilize zobel elements that are specific to the speakers.

And if you're going to go to an active crossover, you open the doors to all sorts of high-end speakers not generally sold as car speakers. Even in the moderate price range, such as the 7" Seas CA18-RNX mid-bass there are some really great speakers. Take an Internet "walk" through madisound speakers for some really good stuff.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
there is no "best" speaker, but a few come to mind.....

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-4312-kit...nt-system.aspx

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7178-cs-...ay-system.aspx

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-4749-sup...nt-system.aspx

does anyone realize theres more to car audio than JL? the only thing JL has going for them is the w6/w7 subs, but most people are smarter than to pay that much for them when theres much better deals.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
You want the "best", and willing to go active?

Or you want the "best" car branded, pre-packaged component set? They are different.

If I had to pick car branded packaged stuff, I would probably find Alpine F#1 status stuff (uses Vifa and Scan Speak, IIRC - both you can find yourself at the Madisound link lbridges posted above), or some of the Pioneer Stage 4 stuff, based on the quality of the old TS-C720PRS speakers.

I would also suggest that going active with a good tuning (to include time alignment and good EQ) with "cheaper speakers" will ALWAYS net better results than spending a ton on components.

Note that "best" is subjective, either with pre-packaged stuff or going active with raw drivers.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
I can't speak for JL, but I really love my MB Quart components!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
You want the "best", and willing to go active?

Or you want the "best" car branded, pre-packaged component set? They are different.

If I had to pick car branded packaged stuff, I would probably find Alpine F#1 status stuff (uses Vifa and Scan Speak, IIRC - both you can find yourself at the Madisound link lbridges posted above), or some of the Pioneer Stage 4 stuff, based on the quality of the old TS-C720PRS speakers.

I would also suggest that going active with a good tuning (to include time alignment and good EQ) with "cheaper speakers" will ALWAYS net better results than spending a ton on components.

Note that "best" is subjective, either with pre-packaged stuff or going active with raw drivers.

I had a friend in high school that had a pair of Vifa speakers that this local speaker dealer custom built speaker boxes. He built my friend these tower speakers all from Vifa drivers and he had all NAD pre-amp and 2 channel amp running these and i have to say those speakers were the best sounding floor speakers that I have ever heard to this date and I graduated in 1991
I have never seen a post of anyone saying anything about Vifa speakers.....
Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #9
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprink669 View Post
I have never seen a post of anyone saying anything about Vifa speakers.....
I have a pair of the 1" Vifa tweeters (ring radiator type) and an old set of CDT Audio components (used Vifa silk dome tweeter and poly cone midbass) sitting in the spare bedroom's closet.

The Alpine Type-X Pro uses a 3/4" Vifa ring radiator tweeter (or did).

I realize this adds nothing to the OP's posting, but just thought I'd offer another (mostly rambling, no value added) Vifa post.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
mb quart went down the drain a while ago. JL components are decent but there are far better options out there. i am continually impressed with Hertz speakers. they are made by elettromedia who also manufactures audison. Hertz has some excellent price points and their speakers are of superior quality to most avaliable now, in my opinion.