1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer 930 Owners...Question 4 Ya

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Xanti, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Sep 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    Xanti

Xanti [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Offroad
    So I have the unit installed and everything works great except ipod adapter. The sound is muffled compared to playing over bluetooth and I don't get any video out from my iphone 4. This may be a common question but I havn't seen any on this forum. Has anyone experienced this and if so anybody have a fix for it? I must say that this forum was a huge help for info and guidance on installing the radio. THanks to all that post here!!!

2. Sep 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    Take a look around avic411 forum. The typical response to this sort of question is where did you buy the iPod cable. Seems some enterprising Chinese firm is cloning the cable (including faking the Pioneer labeling), but without cloning the quality level. I think another way to confirm (IIRC) is try and play back video from the iPod through the deck, which also fails for the clone cables. In general, is you paid less than about $30 for the cable, it's probably a Chinese clone.

For reference, i normalize the level of my MP3s using mp3gain before loading them up in iTunes for use with an iPod Touch. I do not use the iPod sound leveling feature. The Touch plays at approximately the same loudness level as the same MP3 burnt to a CD - close enough that I don't have to change volume levels when switching between the CD/DVD and the iPod.

Products Discussed in

To Top