Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Where did you all run your wires

Old 09-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you all run your wires

Getting ready to run some cable and was wondering how you guys did it before I tear it apart. i plan on using welding cable and copper ring terminals.

I want one amp under a front seat and one amp one the back wall mounted vertically (saz-1500d)

any specific spots on the fire wall to go through?

did you run under your center console or under trim beside door?

should i make 2 runs to the battery or use a distro block, and where should it be located/mounted

Where did you ground your amps?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
there is a pre fabbed hole in the firewall with a big rubber plug on both sides of the truck...

that said, i ran it thru with all the other wires and down under the door sill and had it pop under the seat with all the other seat wires...

grounded the under seat amp to the seat bolts.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Power through the giant rubber firewall grommet on drivers side. I recommend poking through from cab to engine, instead of the other way, since there aren't as many wires to hit with your poker in the engine bay once you poke through.

I've routed wires under both the door trim and the center console. Just depends on where they're from and where they're going.