Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

pioneer bass package

Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
pioneer bass package

Anyone chime in on how this package deal would be. Pros or cons. I have heard n read mixed reviews bout the shallow mounts. Any info is appreciated.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ss-Bundle.html

Or this package deal

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113PW10...ck.html?tp=442
Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Not gettin' much love on this thread huh?

While I have little exposure to compare & contrast, I do read a bit on car audio forums. I would venture to say the Pioneer unit is sort of like a Toyota Camry. Nothing bad to say, but not really GREAT at anything. Solid reliable performance at a decent price.

The usual suspects for really good shallow mounts are the JL Audio 13TW-5, the Alpine SWR in the T series and the SB Acoustics sub. Of course all these are above $300 in a store, so...
Old 09-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
kenwood amps are good. as far as pioneer subs go i have no clue but since i dont hear much then they cant be anything special
Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
kenwood amps are good. as far as pioneer subs go i have no clue but since i dont hear much then they cant be anything special
Cool I went with the kenwood deal, now I just need a box but I dk whether or not to go a dual box or two single boxes to drop behind each seat of my access cab. This way I can have easy removal or to change the place of the sub in case I have extra passengers.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am going to disagree with you. Pioneer makes really good subs. My buddy has had 2 of their shallow mount subs for like 5 years now and pounds the shit out of them with all kinds of music, especially dubstep and they are pounding the same as they did day one. Granted, they are both 600w rms so they are more powerful than the on in that package.

As far as that package goes, that looks to be a decent budget setup if you just want some extra thump. I'm going with their 10'' 800w rms in the near future, but it won't be shallow mount. Gonna pair with with a Rockford prime-1000 amp.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
on what evidence to you base this statement?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #7
chaos316 is on a distinguished road
Name: JJ
chaos316's Tacoma Gallery
it says they are only 200w rms and 800w MAX on there website. maybe I'm looking at the wrong ones. whats the model number?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #8

enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos316 View Post
it says they are only 200w rms and 800w MAX on there website. maybe I'm looking at the wrong ones. whats the model number?
For?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
chaos316 is on a distinguished road
Name: JJ
chaos316's Tacoma Gallery
the pioneer shallows ffirg was talking about
Old 10-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
on what evidence to you base this statement?
I own a Kenwood amp 8104D. CEA rated at 500 watts rms. Never had a problem with it. Powers my L5 nicely.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 10" pioneer shallow sub in my truck and people think i run more then one sub, its a solid sub no doubt puts the bass no prob.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #12

enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
I got the kenwood package in the first post I did n having two tens with that amp actually sounds pretty dang good in my truck