Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Upgrade radio but keep all factory options

Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Squirrellydw is on a distinguished road

Squirrellydw's Tacoma Gallery
Upgrade radio but keep all factory options

I will be getting a new Tacoma very soon either a 2011 or 2012 and I would like to upgrade the radio but keep all the factory options that come with it but also have Sirius radio and an iPod connection. What would you guys suggest?

Also is there away to get the factory backup camera to show up on a double din after market stereo?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
What radio will the truck you want have? JBL? Non JBL?

Yes there is a way with splicing wires and such.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #3

Probably jbl, found the thread on wiring up the backup camera
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrellydw View Post
Why wouldn't you save the money on the JBL system and apply it to a complete aftermarket setup?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #5
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Some radios have a harness for the wheel controls.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrellydw View Post
You would lose factory Bluetooth. The AUX input would need some work to get it going. Skip the JBL if you are going aftermarket. I have it and it sounds great but it makes upgrading a pain.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #7

Why is upgrading a pain?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
Banned
A special interface module is needed for the factory amp to work and if you want to bypass the amp you have to run all new wiring.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
Captarm is on a distinguished road

Name: Armand
Captarm's Tacoma Gallery
I put in an Alpine with everything you want plus Bluetooth I don't know what model it is but so far I love it
Old 09-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captarm View Post
I put in an Alpine with everything you want plus Bluetooth I don't know what model it is but so far I love it
can you find out, I was looking at Alpine
Old 09-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
TurnTheLead is on a distinguished road
TurnTheLead's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 2012 SR5 double cab with the stock radio. They're going to deliver it to my house in the next few days; I can't figure out on the internet if bluetooth is going to come standard or not. It does have a USB port next to the aux input. Anyone else know?
Old 09-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnTheLead View Post
I just bought a 2012 SR5 double cab with the stock radio. They're going to deliver it to my house in the next few days; I can't figure out on the internet if bluetooth is going to come standard or not. It does have a USB port next to the aux input. Anyone else know?

please let me know what you find out.

I would like to know what stereo options there are, BT, screen color, have both SAT and ipod hooked up at same time, backup camera on HU?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #13
Captarm is on a distinguished road

Name: Armand
Captarm's Tacoma Gallery
The Alpine I put in was CDE 123 with the KCE 25OBT Blue tooth I had all the controls hocked up to the steering wheel and it has an I pod adapter which i love as i keep it behind the glove box out of the way. Also it has a lot of extra. The Radio that came with the truck realy sucked, Oh, I also put an amp and new speakers that match the radio. The Bluetooth is the biggest plus. The only thing that I had a problem with was the back light was way too bright and the dimmer didn' t bring it down much, so I open the back an installed a small pice of red stage lighting film which cut down the light so I could drive better at night, other then that It's a great unit and I added more space in the dash with this up grade. I'll try to get a picture