Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Pioneer avh-p4300dvd bypass?`s

Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: DAV
Name: michael
07speedwayblue's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer avh-p4300dvd bypass?`s

If anyone had bypass the brake so you can use the dvd player anytime you want , what did you use or how did you do it. Must new units you can`t just ground the wire that wires into the emergancy brake , so post up if you know? Thanks!!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
avic411.com
youtube.com

both have details
Old 09-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
beaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: scott
beaver_scott's Tacoma Gallery
i just grounded the green wire that is supposed to go to the parking brake to a metal ground behind the dash. viola...anytime dvd player.....and my unit is a new jvc in dash nav/dvd player.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
avic411.com
youtube.com

both have details
And from a post by rgarjr at the first site mentioned by matt43...

Old 09-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbridges View Post

thats kinda basackwards way to wire a relay...

in the end it would basically ground the parking break wire using the remote wire as a trigger...
Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: DAV
Name: michael
07speedwayblue's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!! My wife`s truck got broken into about 6 weeks ago and they took the alpine h.u. and ipod. So I just bought a new pioneer avh-p4300 h.u. dash kit iopd controler, wiring harness, hd tunner , reverse camera. i`ll post some pics when I get it done. Thanks guys!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver_scott View Post
i just grounded the green wire that is supposed to go to the parking brake to a metal ground behind the dash. viola...anytime dvd player.....and my unit is a new jvc in dash nav/dvd player.
Won't work on the Pioneer AVH series. The AVH series senses ground state at startup and decides you are trying to spoof the "rules". The easiest/cheap/automated solution is to use the slight delay the remote turn on wire creates a moment after start-up to trigger the relay ground connection.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
thats kinda basackwards way to wire a relay...

in the end it would basically ground the parking break wire using the remote wire as a trigger...
You have correctly interpreted how the bypass works. The relay grounds, but with a momentary delay induced by the remote trigger wire turn on time.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have correctly interpreted how the bypass works. The relay grounds, but with a momentary delay induced by the remote trigger wire turn on time.
you could just install a switch that you turn on to ground the parking wire after you turn the radio on. theres your delay lol
Old 09-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Won't work on the Pioneer AVH series. The AVH series senses ground state at startup and decides you are trying to spoof the "rules". The easiest/cheap/automated solution is to use the slight delay the remote turn on wire creates a moment after start-up to trigger the relay ground connection.
That is what I did on my HU. Works like a champ.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #12
Jabe is on a distinguished road
Name: Gabe
Jabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07speedwayblue View Post
Thanks!! My wife`s truck got broken into about 6 weeks ago and they took the alpine h.u. and ipod. So I just bought a new pioneer avh-p4300 h.u. dash kit iopd controler, wiring harness, hd tunner , reverse camera. i`ll post some pics when I get it done. Thanks guys!!
where did you get the reverse cam from ?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #14
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just used the power antenna signal wire to activate the relay, it has a short delay after power up so it fools the pioneers.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
you could just install a switch that you turn on to ground the parking wire after you turn the radio on. theres your delay lol
You could, and a lot of people do. But a switch and a relay differ in cost by about $1-2 bucks. You dont have to find a place to mount the switch, then toggle it every time you get in your truck. Also, how hard is it to wire a relay if you are already wiring a switch?

Switch is a hack job. Relay = clean install.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is the diagram I used on a 4 post relay (no 87a terminal) and it worked like a champ...I was going to use a switch but after finding the switch for $3.99 and the relay for $4.99 it was kinda WIN WIN for me.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #19
Jabe is on a distinguished road
Name: Gabe
Jabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I installed the pioneer avh-p4300dvd last weekend. I added the HD tuner and a pioneer rear camera. SWET head unit million time better than the alpine cda-9887 unit I had before. That was the first and last alpine I will ever buy!
thats exactly the head unit i wanted. do you like it ? and also where did you get the backup cam from ?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #20
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
thats exactly the head unit i wanted. do you like it ? and also where did you get the backup cam from ?
Quote:
I bought the pioneer camera, got it off ebay. I think it was 154.00 shipped....