1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Amp (green light on) no sound

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by willimatic, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Sep 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM
    willimatic

willimatic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Rancho Murieta/Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma AC 4x4 Sport
    I recently hooked up my Amp and went to test it tonight with a old sub I have. I know the sub works because we tested it on another amp this week.

Amp turns on, but no sound from the sub. Checked the amp ground, power and remote power, all good.

I have a double din with a dedicated sub in, I put one of the RCAs (white) in there and plugged into the amp, tried a y cable both from the amp and HU and still no sound.

So I was thinking it has to be a bad amp, or a bad RCA cable? Also, if the ground was bad would the amp still turn on?

2. Sep 28, 2011 at 6:28 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Do you have a multimeter? If not, might be worth it to get one to check if any voltage is coming out of the amp (speakers), and going into the amp (RCAs). Have you checked that the amp gain setting hasn't been reduced to 0, does the amp have a fuse? Personally, I would first check the amp voltages in and out (speaker out and RCAs in), check that you have 12v going to the amp, and recheck the ground.

Products Discussed in

To Top