Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stock vs db651s worth $59 ?

Old 09-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
mikesfarm is on a distinguished road
mikesfarm's Tacoma Gallery
Stock vs db651s worth $59 ?

Does replacing stock fronts with Polk db651s make a noticable improvement ? Do all bd651s come with adapters in the package or does Crutchfield add them ? They are $100 at Crutchfield and only $59 with free shipping on Amazon. I just received a e-mail from crutchfield saying that they will include a vehicle specific harness adapter and the speaker mounting adapter is vehicle specific (is mounting adapter really or the same in all bd651s packages ?).

Regards

Mike
2011 Access Cab
Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
It may or may not. If you're sticking with a stock head unit, stock amp (if amped) then the difference will be negligible if any.

Component sets and a nice amp, the only way to go IMO. JL CleanSweep if you're going to maintain a stock headunit.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Any adapter that Crutchfield includes usually do not work well as far as I have read here.

As for the wiring harness and such... You can get that for 1 buck at eBay.