Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

What stereo did my truck come with?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
charliein is on a distinguished road
Name: Charlie
charliein's Tacoma Gallery
What stereo did my truck come with?

Bought a used 2010. The previous owner had swapped out the radio for a rather cheap clarion radio, that doesn't support the steering wheel controls.

Not sure if I want to go the ebay route, or aftermarket, but I'd like to know my options.

I've got a 2010 offroad double cab. There appears to be a satellite radio wart on the roof in the back. How could I tell if this might have had the JBL radio?
Old 10-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Your much better off with your aftermarket Clarion. I ripped my stock out of my 11 even with the free XM service, the sound quality was bad. You can still buy the adapter to make the steering wheel controls work. They did you a huge favor.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
You either have the JBL (separate amp) system or non JBL (Built in Amp system)

You would know if you had the JBL system if you have the following:

1. Subwoofer and amp behind the passenger rear seat.
  2. Bluetooth phone controls on the right side of the steering wheel airbag pad.
  3. JBL logo on the door speakers.