Originally Posted by mattg43
So many options... but with questions:
1. Are you amping speakers, or running deck power?
2. Have a subwoofer, or plan on adding one?
3. Willing to spend less and do some sound deadening instead? (install, install, install. Its where its at.)
4. Your "budget" has a $500 spread. This isnt a car, this is speakers. Lets get a real number you are comfortable with, not one you can "stretch to", etc.
5. I would avoid the Massive RK6. I have not heard much good about them, other than "loud", and "Horrible tweeter". Not really my bag.
ok so here it is:
1) I have a 800w x 4 kenwood excelon right now but will upgrade if need be.
2) I have a probox with two 8's and it is nice, only drawback is the low end bass in rap songs. Doesnt pick it up that great but i listen to a lot of rock so it will do.
3) I have sound deadened the doors and back wall and the floor under the subs, want to do the entire floor but do not have the time right now.
4) Im going for sound quality at a high volume, money isnt a big deal if the equipment is worth the price.
5) My powerbass i got i had to turn the eq curves way down because the tweets are so loud on them, but I only had them for 3 months and now the tweets are distored and some time the speakers crakel.