Notices

new speakers

Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
rhewins13 is on a distinguished road
Army: SPC, 2 Brigade,82nd Abn Div, 1-73 CAV FST
Name: Richard
rhewins13's Tacoma Gallery
new speakers

so im looking into upgrading my sound system by changing out the speakers. i dont really know much about speakers or anything so im wondering what a good choice would be and how much everything would cost with the install kit and all the proper harnesses involved in doing it right.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #2
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
For door speakers, check out boston, polk audio or memphis audio. Those would be my 3 picks
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
what are the specs for the speakers? i have an access cab, and i think i remember someone saying the rear speakers were 6-9's and the fronts are 6.5's?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 AM   #4
my bad, i was wrong. they are 6 1/2's up front and 6-9's in the rear
Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
what your price range?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Det. Dan how does your truck sound with S/C and wicked flow bitches exhaust?

I'm also in the market for new speakers, blew 1 out and one doesn't work. Time mod!!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
So many options... but with questions:

1. Are you amping speakers, or running deck power?
2. Have a subwoofer, or plan on adding one?
3. Budget?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
i was thinking like 500-600 for the whole thing
Old 10-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I have Boston's all around, and 2 JL Audio subs in the D/C
Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #10
i was gonna just go off the radio, and no amp i only have an access cab, i dont want to clutter it up with a sub. and budget would be 500-600.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #11
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Are you keeping the factory head unit? I haven't changed out my factory speakers yet but after installing a new HU the truck sounds so much better that I'm not really shopping for speakers until the factory ones blow out or get really loose.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #12
no, i have a new hu that im gonna install after i get back from iraq
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Running off deck power, I would get something with high sensitivity.

Bass is about moving air, so cone area is king, followed by power and excursion. Because of this, I would look into larger drivers, so these would be high on my list:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ics-XS-69.html

Plus side, if you decide to add a small amp, they will get better.

At that price range you are able to look at something from almost every major brand.

When you get back (thanks for serving, also!) its time to hit up some shops and get some listening time in. Demos in cars are great too.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:41 AM   #15
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Det. Dan how does your truck sound with S/C and wicked flow bitches exhaust?

I'm also in the market for new speakers, blew 1 out and one doesn't work. Time mod!!
Im not s/c'd yet, im in the desert right now but i will have all the stuff in my sig when i get back
Old 10-06-2011, 03:20 AM   #16
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
In an Access Cab, the front's are 6x9, and the rear's are the 6 1/2. For the install, if you're doing it all yourself (including the deck) you'll need:

New wiring harness
Dash Kit (Scosche or Metra, your call)
Speaker adapters for 6x9 (you can find them on eBay)

Now this is where it got tricky... I ordered speaker adapters that were supposed to fit my truck off eBay or Amazon, can't remember... well, they didn't. Went to Best Buy, closest they had were the universal fit, which didn't.

So I busted out my dremel, and got to work on the stock speaker.

I removed the cone, and all the plastic supports that held the magnetic in place, and then ground them smooth.

Took the new speaker, and used 1-1/4" screws to attach the new speaker to the newly made spacer.

Blammo, fits like OEM

Everything else should work no problem.
This is for the 6x9 spacers
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

And this actually looks like it might be the right fit for the 6.5"... Never found this before. Damn.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Speaker-Ad...item483a7befdf
Old 10-06-2011, 03:21 AM   #17
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and might I add, I'm a big fan of Pioneer. Great quality for the price.