Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Bazooka bass tube thoughts?

Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Bazooka bass tube thoughts?

So, one of the first things I'm planning to do with my Taco is to do a basic update on the audio. And that includes a new head unit and added bass. I'm looking at a bass tube, which I know is great in the trunk of a car, but don't know about a truck.

Has anyone installed a bass tube in their Taco? Where did you and do you like the performance? Thoughts overall?

I have a 2004 doublecab, so I'm struggling on where a 10" bass tube would go. Wanna avoid a custom box setup behind the seat if I can.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
thought about getting one of those back when I was in college. They seemed alright back then (ten years ago) especially for simply 'richening' the sound. I don't think you'll get any ghetto thump out of it
Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
thought about getting one of those back when I was in college. They seemed alright back then (ten years ago) especially for simply 'richening' the sound. I don't think you'll get any ghetto thump out of it
Yea, I want to avoid the ghetto bump. You're exactly right, I just want to add depth to the sound. I can't stand the bass that rattles the glass and has all the empty beer cans bouncing around.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
I had one in my old ranger years ago. It was ok for a while, but it started to make buzzing/vibrating sounds everytime the bass hit. I probably wouldn't have heard the buzzing/vibrating sounds if it were in a trunk through.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Check this out, only 8 inches tho and you can stick it behind a seat easy and still have cargo room. people say they like it
Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I just do not like the sound of Bazooka tubes... Friend had one in his S-10 years ago and all I can really remember about it was that it gave me a headache and the bass sounded loose and kinda wheezy. I prefer the sound of a sealed enclosure they seem a bit tighter sounding to my ears. Could just be my preferences but I'm just not a fan of them nor their sound output...I know, opinions are like....
Old 10-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Bazooka tubes are junk, and take up more space then doing it right with a 10" sub.

Look up my system on my build thread. Follow the sig pic. It might be what you want.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Bazooka tubes are junk, and take up more space then doing it right with a 10" sub.

Look up my system on my build thread. Follow the sig pic. It might be what you want.
Nice ride Brian...and pretty damn cool that you can tow a C-130! I need one of those to deal with Atlanta traffic.

Saw the pics of the tweeters and mids in the door panel. But didn't see a pic of the 10" sub. Where did you place it?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Check this out, only 8 inches tho and you can stick it behind a seat easy and still have cargo room. people say they like it
Not bad. Seems to have rave reviews especially if you're not gunning for ghetto, piss off your neighbors bounce. Big bass in Atlanta is advertising "Steal My Car!", so that may be a solution. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #10
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Nice ride Brian...and pretty damn cool that you can tow a C-130! I need one of those to deal with Atlanta traffic.

Saw the pics of the tweeters and mids in the door panel. But didn't see a pic of the 10" sub. Where did you place it?

Its behind the drivers side rear seat. For the 2nd gens you have to remove the storage compartment.... Box is roughly 6 inches deep at the bottom, Mr. Marv build. I guess I forgot to upload the photo, I'll get one tonight.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Bazooka makes a decent product. I have head them in other vehicles and they aren't going to rattle the car next to you but a system that loud is just stupid anyway. For these trucks there are much cleaner behind the seat boxes though.