Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

New stereo wiring harness

Old 10-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
New stereo wiring harness

Took out my old stereo from my 2010 ext. cab. Here are the harnesses. Trouble is, there were 4 harnesses connected, and I got 2 harness adapters for my new stereo.
What do I do with the 2 other harnesses (the blue one and the black one)

The back of the old stereo with 4 connection spots.

My new stereo, the AVH-P3300BT from Pioneer. The one adapter has an unused colored wire, the orange/black wire.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 10-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
The other two aren't used. Those connectors, I assume, are for factory connections to the satellite radio and steering wheel controls.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I think you are totally right. I forgot my steering wheel control adapter, so that is one connection. I believe they said my model was pre-wired to take Toyota's XM radio, which I didn't purchase, which would make the other connection.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
The black connector is the one for the satellite radio hook up, it also is where one would hook up to an OEM radio for a Grom Audio/Dice/others box for iPod/USB/etc.