Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

system build in my '11. Worth the wait.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
h2mann is on a distinguished road
h2mann's Tacoma Gallery
system build in my '11. Worth the wait.

My friend did the install, took just over a week, but was well worth it. Had a bunch of leds installed in the footwells, under the seats and under each of the doors. Will post pics later.
System sounds great.
Alpine INA-W910 head unit
Massive NX5 Amp
Custom sub enclosure with Image Dynamics 8" sub (does not sound like an 8)
Rainbow speakers all the way around, separates up front, coax in rear.
Hushmat in front doors
Dowontec alarm system with smartkey and pushbutton start.
Big smiles from me.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
creedler is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
creedler's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. post some pictures of the led set up when you get a chance.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
is your back window leaking?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
how hard was it to install the pushbutton start?
Old 10-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
mrmumbels will become famous soon enoughmrmumbels will become famous soon enough
Marines: Sgt CSSG-1
mrmumbels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
haha, I'm going to guess he had it tinted??
Old 10-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
how much was the amp, sub box, and sub? really want one back there..
Old 10-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
cjurgens91 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chase
cjurgens91's Tacoma Gallery
who built you sub box and did you cut the plastic?
Old 10-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
chip01822 is on a distinguished road

Name: chip
chip01822's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, like how the sub box fits
Old 10-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2mann View Post
My friend did the install, took just over a week, but was well worth it. Had a bunch of leds installed in the footwells, under the seats and under each of the doors. Will post pics later.
System sounds great.
Alpine INA-W910 head unit
Massive NX5 Amp
Custom sub enclosure with Image Dynamics 8" sub (does not sound like an 8)
Rainbow speakers all the way around, separates up front, coax in rear.
Hushmat in front doors
Dowontec alarm system with smartkey and pushbutton start.
Big smiles from me.

Looks awesome! I know you will enjoy it!
I am amazed on the "push button start", didn't know there was an aftermarket. Can you provide info and some feedback on whats involved in the installation?

Thanks!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I too am interested in the pushbutton start. Looks legit!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #11
h2mann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
that was from the window tinting. Thanks for pointing it out, gotta clean that up.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #12
h2mann's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the great comments. Super happy with the way the system sounds. The imaging is perfect, the sub isnt overpowering.
Hope I can answer all the questions here.
The sub box was custom made. With so many Tacomas here on the island, my friend built a jig so he can make the boxes when he gets a customer with a Tacoma. I dont think he had to cut any plastic to fit the box in that space, if so it was very minimal.
The pushbutton start (its so sweet) is part of the entire alarm system. The alarm has a small transmitter that you carry so the truck senses when you are close so it will lock or unlock automatically. It also has remote start as well as a key pad on the window in case you lose the transmitter or lock yourself out of the truck. The transmitter also has remote start. The alarm is made by Dowontec, called the Alibaba model ALI-ST800.
I think the install for the pushbutton start wasnt too difficult, but all of the other wiring, sensors, keypad and antenna did take some time.
Took him 8 nights to do the entire install. Deck, speakers, alarm and led lights.
As for prices, sorry but I got the friend price hook up. The stuff is not cheap though. I think the alarm is the best thing out there right now. Im sure there are not too many Tacomas with pushbutton start. Maybe the 2014 model year.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
h2mann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedler View Post
looks good. post some pictures of the led set up when you get a chance.
here you go. Place Luxart LED modules under each seat as well as one under the dash on the driver and passenger side to illuminate the footwells.
Also put led strips under each door to illuminate the ground when doors are opened.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #14
SARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to all

Navy: Petty Officer First Class
SARCOtheINFIDEL's Tacoma Gallery
I love the light strips under the door for when it's open. Very nice.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Nice stereo install. L.E.D.'s is kind of ghetto, but if you like it.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #16
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Love the sub box. The DVD player and LEDs aren't my style but as long as you like it, man.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
h2mann's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the comments. As for being ghetto, most luxury cars have lighing under the doors and in the footwells for convenience and safety when stepping out of a car in a dark area. Works great, but if you think its ghetto, thats fine. God Bless America we can do whatever we want to our cars.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #18
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
does he make the subboxes to sell would like to have one
Old 11-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #19
Balot64 is on a distinguished road

Navy: ASC
Balot64's Tacoma Gallery
How's the push start work on the sterring wheel lock? I had a push start on my 2010 toyota highlander limited and the way it work is, once you push the start button with out pressing the brake it will unlock the sterring wheel/ACC on, I can hear something on the sterring column that sound like a solenoid unlocking the sterring wheel. When the brake was press and hit the start button it will start the engine. While the engine is running and push start button, the engine will shut down, sterring wheel will be lock. Is that the same way like my highlander?

BTW, I might getting one if its the same way like my highlander.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:00 AM   #20
Balot64 is on a distinguished road

Navy: ASC
Balot64's Tacoma Gallery
Found the installation manual for the push start. I read something about what need to be done on the key that don't impress me, its a nice system. I still might get it, I've been looking for something like this since I got my highlander. Thank you for the idea. http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magent...on-manual.html