Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

image dynamic component Install help

Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
06SR54X4BLUE is on a distinguished road

Name: Al
06SR54X4BLUE's Tacoma Gallery
image dynamic component Install help

Installation is on my a 06 Access Cab newer stock 6cd mp3/wma HU. I am just updating the speakers for now. So i went and bought the TacoTunes full package door speaker kit last week. It consists of Image Dynamics CTX 6.5 for the rear and for the front Image Dynamics CTX65 CS components. Spacers and speakers went in easily for the rear, with the harness kit provided. The front mounting was not a problem, just hooking them up has me confused for some reason. The harness kit provided is basically useless for component speakers, it looks like i need to start cutting and splicing. After mounting the mid woofer i thought i would just plug it in to the harness i had hooked up to check them out, well no sound! So i wondered if the power was coming from the tweeter, and somehow it having 4 wires going into it might have the power. Sure as hell my new woofer worked and the stock tweeter now also worked. They also recommend that the crossover not be mounted on the door due to possible moister damage. So my good educated Tacos people.....who has photo videos or knows how to hook these puppies up with focusing on the wiring in mind? Cheers to all that can help. Al
Old 10-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
You have two choices:

1) use existing wiring and put crossovers inside the doors, or

2) use crossovers external to the doors, but then you have to run two sets of wires into the doors.

I haven't tried on the Tacoma as I don't use passive crossovers, but instead of "inside" the door, you may be able to mount the crossovers on the "outside" of the metal part of the door such that the interior panel can still go on (maybe around the storage pocket area?). That would allow you to use the existing wiring. keep the crossovers from being exposed to moisture, and still allow for panel removal without wiring in new disconnects.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
06SR54X4BLUE is on a distinguished road

Name: Al
06SR54X4BLUE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbridges View Post
You have two choices:

1) use existing wiring and put crossovers inside the doors, or

2) use crossovers external to the doors, but then you have to run two sets of wires into the doors.

I haven't tried on the Tacoma as I don't use passive crossovers, but instead of "inside" the door, you may be able to mount the crossovers on the "outside" of the metal part of the door such that the interior panel can still go on (maybe around the storage pocket area?). That would allow you to use the existing wiring. keep the crossovers from being exposed to moisture, and still allow for panel removal without wiring in new disconnects.

Sounds like a plan on the locating them on the outside of the door, Thanks. Yes i would like to use the factory wiring as much as possible. But do you know which wire is which and where? Cheers