Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Alpine INA-W910 Navigation Receiver?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
SC Member
sdupp is on a distinguished road

sdupp's Tacoma Gallery
Alpine INA-W910 Navigation Receiver?

I am looking to install an in dash Alpine INA-W910 Navigation receiver. I was wondering if anyone else has installed this receiver. I noticed on the Crutchfield website under Installation Details Fold-down face receivers will not fit your vehicle. Please verify that your new receiver does not have a fold-down face. I downloaded the manual for this receiver and it appears the face plate flips down to insert a disk & memory card. I am assuming the way the Tacoma faceplate and dash is designed I want be able to install this receiver. Can anyone recommend another top of the line Navigation receiver that will fit my 2007 Tacoma?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Although I have, and like, Pioneer, I could swear I've seen Alpines put into the Tacoma dash. Have you tried searching?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
Linelock4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jared
Linelock4's Tacoma Gallery
You can install the Alpine. There is no problem with the moving face plate. All you need to do is get a Double Din dash kit either from Metra or American International. The dash kits even come in 2 color choices of black or silver depending on your color or what color you want. You may need to work with the kit a little to make sure the face moves smoothly. Some kits have very tight tolerances. I have done it before and it's no big deal.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdupp View Post
I am looking to install an in dash Alpine INA-W910 Navigation receiver. I was wondering if anyone else has installed this receiver. I noticed on the Crutchfield website under Installation Details Fold-down face receivers will not fit your vehicle. Please verify that your new receiver does not have a fold-down face. I downloaded the manual for this receiver and it appears the face plate flips down to insert a disk & memory card. I am assuming the way the Tacoma faceplate and dash is designed I want be able to install this receiver. Can anyone recommend another top of the line Navigation receiver that will fit my 2007 Tacoma?

Thanks!
The Alpine will fit. I have the W900BT, same size and what not its just the 910 has pandora, it first perfectly
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
h2mann is on a distinguished road
h2mann's Tacoma Gallery
I just had one installed in my truck, love it. I cant imagine that there is too much difference in the 07 and 2011 dashboard in our trucks.
I used a Scosche trim plate for the installation, looks super clean. My friend who did the installation said he sees some installs where the trim plate is bulging out at the edges, or the gaps between the dash and trim plate are big. He said the key is to take the time to ensure the wires are bundled neatly and tucked away so the unit fits better.
Anyway, its a great unit, have had Alpine head units in my cars for years and never had any problems and have always loved the sound quality and ease of use. Oh, and no issues with the face opening up. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #6
SC Member

sdupp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for all the input, much appreciated!! I am going to get this installed along with a backup camera, Bluetooth, Sirius radio and a PAC TR-7 video bypass.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Thanks guys for all the input, much appreciated!! I am going to get this installed along with a backup camera, Bluetooth, Sirius radio and a PAC TR-7 video bypass.
blue tooth is build into the w910. no need to add it
Old 11-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
do you guys know if this works with an Android phone? Kind of disappointing that the top end devices only appear to be supporting iphones in their advertisements.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
SC Member

sdupp's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a couple of links that might help.

http://androidcommunity.com/sony-in-...port-20110811/

http://cnettv.cnet.com/use-android-p...-50084146.html
Old 11-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
got this installed last week and love it. like it alot better than my pioneer z130bt in my trans am. way more intuitive with the buttons and interface
Old 01-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #12
SC Member

sdupp's Tacoma Gallery
New Alpines 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RadiantRed View Post
do you guys know if this works with an Android phone? Kind of disappointing that the top end devices only appear to be supporting iphones in their advertisements.
I see Alpine is coming out with a 8" screen that will fit the Tacoma and it also works with Android, Blackberry & Iphone. see link below>

Perfect F.I.T. Dash Kits for the INE-Z928HD 8-inch AVN system:
Toyota Tacoma, 2012 model (KTX-TCM8)

http://www.alpine-usa.com/company/pr...e-electronics/
Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see Alpine is coming out with a 8" screen that will fit the Tacoma and it also works with Android, Blackberry & Iphone. see link below>

Perfect F.I.T. Dash Kits for the INE-Z928HD 8-inch AVN system:
Toyota Tacoma, 2012 model (KTX-TCM8)

http://www.alpine-usa.com/company/pr...e-electronics/

Fuck lol
Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
mycarrunfaster is on a distinguished road
Name: eddy
mycarrunfaster's Tacoma Gallery
navigation system

hello.. i am new here but i got mine from ebay and the guy help me to install... pretty neat...
Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #15
SC Member

sdupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarrunfaster View Post
hello.. i am new here but i got mine from ebay and the guy help me to install... pretty neat...
HAU?