Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

online or an audio store?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
chaos316 is on a distinguished road
Name: JJ
chaos316's Tacoma Gallery
online or an audio store?

I'm planning to buy a 13tw5 soon, but idk if i should buy from an audio store, which would give me the warranty, or through the internet, without the warranty. the internet would probably be like a 200 dollar difference, you guys think its worth it?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Amazon.com enough said I got mine for 250 cheaper
Old 10-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
chaos316 is on a distinguished road
Name: JJ
chaos316's Tacoma Gallery
yeah thats what iv been thinking. i want to make my own box too, but idk the right size to make it.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
if you know how to install your own stereo and tune your amps properly, go for the online. If you don't, go to the store. The warranty and advice is worth it in case you blow your stuff. Just make sure your audio shops are 'authorized retailers' or warranty won't mean jack.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
I am a fan of online (personal use), but generally recommend a shop if you have to ask the question.

With that said, I still try to buy authorized (places like Al-eds.com, PacificStereo.com, 6ave.com, Amazon (for some brands, like Pioneer, JBL, and others)) will have great deals and sales, and can often match online pricing for other stores. If not buying authorized, I try to buy gently used from people I trust. If there is no warranty, why pay new prices?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
jasonvelocity will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
jasonvelocity's Tacoma Gallery
JL Audio has a list of authorized internet dealers, so you can shop online and get the warranty. All the authorized dealers are selling for $549
Old 10-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvelocity View Post
JL Audio has a list of authorized internet dealers, so you can shop online and get the warranty. All the authorized dealers are selling for $549
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
places like Al-eds.com, PacificStereo.com, 6ave.com, Amazon (for some brands, like Pioneer, JBL, and others)) will have great deals and sales, and can often match online pricing for other stores. If not buying authorized, I try to buy gently used from people I trust. If there is no warranty, why pay new prices?

Example - right of the Al-eds.com site, mouse over the "low price guarantee" button, and get this email:

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-eds.com email
Click here to purchase the 13TW5-3 from Al & Ed's Autosound at the Online Car Stereo price of $359.00!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: George
11SuperwhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
thats a pretty good price. I am wondering the same thing about online or in store. I dont really want to pay retail for stereo equipment since there is such a mark up.. has any one ever bought from onlinecarstereo.com?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SuperwhiteTRD View Post
... has any one ever bought from onlinecarstereo.com?
I did, one item, with no problems; however, I have no experience with their warranty support.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #10
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
I've purchased a head unit from SonicElectronix. I had a very good experiecne with them, check out the link they also offer a 3-year warranty. Just another option.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...o-13TW5-3.html

EDIT: Just seen out of stock...
Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I bought all my stuff from Crutchfield. Great prices, no complaints. Plus, their CS is top notch.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: George
11SuperwhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
I bought all my stuff from Crutchfield. Great prices, no complaints. Plus, their CS is top notch.
i was going to use crutchfield. i know they have been around for a long time. but their prices are no where near other online places. their price for the jl audio speakers was 499 online carstereo had them for 268. i found online carstereo on ebay so i didnt want to buy from them till i heard if they were good or not. guess i will try them out after the holidays.