Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Wiring sound ordnance, sub with high output connections

Old 10-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring sound ordnance, sub with high output connections

I have the sound ordnance b-8pt self amplified sub.
I had it hooked up to my aftermarket HU in my 2001, using the RCA cables. I am sticking with the stock HU in my 2008, and I'm not sure how this works.

I have a connection for the back of the sub, and out of that connection it has 4 wires reading

Channel 1 +
Channel 1 -

Channel 2 +
Channel 2 -

I'm under the impression I splice these into my speaker wires coming from the HU? if not, how do i run this sub with my stock HU.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
help me!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
LoL. If the connections are labeled for high power input, then yes, take the output from the deck. Channel 1, I would assume to be left, and channel 2 to be right, positive and negative. Not that channels really matter much to a sub.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #4

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
ok great! haha now to decide if I'm up for it tonight or not haha
Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #5

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
ok, I'm almost there, does anyone know which wires I splice into in the back of the HU?
I want to splice into front left and right pos/neg wires.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #6

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I need help again
Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
I had the wires I used with a line out converter for my powered sub. I tapped into my rear speaker wires.

Rear/right is (red +) (white -)
Rear/left is (black +) (yellow -)
Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #8

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Which wires are the rear ones? I don't think front vs rear will matter
Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #10

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! In that same connection there is a brown wire right? I just want to be sure I'm in the right plug in
Old 10-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery

I don't know of any brown ones, but I can't say I was ever looking for a brown one. As long as you're tapping off the back of the stereo on the speaker connector, you'll be fine. If you see all these colors that are labeled here, then you're on the right one.

Ignore the right column for this setup since you're not installing a radio.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #13

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
all buttoned up! I didn't think I'd get all that done tonight.

All I have left to do is secure the sub properly, and mount my adjusting dial.

The only thing that i find odd, is the sub takes about 10 seconds to kick in after the stereo has started, it's like it needs a few seconds to build up some power or something?

I'll check into it further tomorrow, any ideas though?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #14
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda sounds like its using high level input to turn itself on. Was there a remote wire going to it? Blue wire?

Correction, gray wire off the head unit.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #15

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is, because if it;s on low the power light started coming on and off with the bass.

I didn't think I had to use the remote wire when I hooked it up like this, not sure why i thought that though haha.

I'll have to go back in tonight and see if I can find the remote wire...
before I do, anyone know which wire it is?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
It should be a blue wire off ur sub, and dice ur connecting behind the with the radio harness it should be a thin gray wire.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #17
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
is that for the newer truck too?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #18
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
is that for the newer truck too?

1987 and up, nothings changed much apparently. JBL wiring is a little tricky, but the main wires are the same.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #19

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjm10 View Post
It should be a blue wire off ur sub, and dice ur connecting behind the with the radio harness it should be a thin gray wire.
not sure what you are trying to say...
Old 10-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #20
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
not sure what you are trying to say...

The blue wire on your subwoofer box is the same as the grey wire on the back of the stereo. Hook them together. Its basically the ignition wire, so that when you turn your key on, your stereo turns on.