Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Two 8" subs behind my seats?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
jpoole03taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jared
jpoole03taco's Tacoma Gallery
Two 8" subs behind my seats?

Hey guys, i have an 03 DC and i wanna put two 8" subs behind my rear seats. I already have a whole alpine unit. what sub/amp combo should i do?
Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Check supercrew sound.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
This is mine. It's awesome. No ground shaking but it works great.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...doublecab.html
Old 10-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Check supercrew sound.
yeah ive seen the box they have. its exactly what i want
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
This is mine. It's awesome. No ground shaking but it works great.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...doublecab.html
did you take out your jack bracket? can you put your seats back up easily? and where did you put the amp?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpoole03taco View Post
did you take out your jack bracket? can you put your seats back up easily? and where did you put the amp?
I took the jack bracket out and the child restraint piece, I think you would have to remove the jack bracket but I don't think you need to remove the child restraint bar. The seats pop up with a little bit of force but it's all on the box/back of seat I don't think that there is any part of the seat touching the sub. I know that there is no part of the seat touching the cone. I put my amp under the front passengers seat.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I took the jack bracket out and the child restraint piece, I think you would have to remove the jack bracket but I don't think you need to remove the child restraint bar. The seats pop up with a little bit of force but it's all on the box/back of seat I don't think that there is any part of the seat touching the sub. I know that there is no part of the seat touching the cone. I put my amp under the front passengers seat.
alright sweet. thank you!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #9
Will The Thrill

Yea man I like it. I can turn them up and bump 'em and they will shake the living hell out of my rear views. Or turn them down and they will blend in and just send out smooth, crisp, clean bass. They will handle any rap song short of something like "Air Forces". I listen to Dub Step, rock, country, a huge fan of Kid Cudi so stuff like that will bumps and do a damn good job at it. The 2 8's will really impress people with the right setup.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Too bad Probox doesn't make anything for 1st gens. I don't have experience with their stuff though.

http://www.proboxrocks.com/products/...00/index.shtml