Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CAN I?

Old 10-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
chaos316 is on a distinguished road
Name: JJ
chaos316's Tacoma Gallery
CAN I?

JUST WONDERING IF I CAN MOUNT 3 10" W3S IN THIS BOX, AND IT SOUND GOOD? THE MOUNTING DEPTH FOR THE W3s SAYS IT REQUIRES 5.93 INCHES, AND THIS BOX HAS AN OPTIONAL 6". OR WOULD I BE BETTER OFF GOING WITH 3 10" W1s
http://www.supercrewsound.com/05tacomadbltriple.html
Old 10-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
or even 2 10" w3s in the dual box they sell
Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
??
Old 10-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well the specs show that it should fit.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Look on the back of the woofer. If it has a relatively square shouldered vent for the magnet pole piece, you should have a minimum of 1/2" behind the woofer (and no stuffing in that area). The new JL W3s seem to be side vented, so you could probably get within 1/8" if the box is well made (no flex).
Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos316 View Post
JUST WONDERING IF I CAN MOUNT 3 10" W3S IN THIS BOX, AND IT SOUND GOOD? THE MOUNTING DEPTH FOR THE W3s SAYS IT REQUIRES 5.93 INCHES, AND THIS BOX HAS AN OPTIONAL 6". OR WOULD I BE BETTER OFF GOING WITH 3 10" W1s
http://www.supercrewsound.com/05tacomadbltriple.html
I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT AUDIO, CAN'T REALLY HELP SORRY
Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if it will fit, but if you are having to yell when you talk you probably have damaged your ears enough already and shouldn't continue with stereo upgrades.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
Not sure if it will fit, but if you are having to yell when you talk you probably have damaged your ears enough already and shouldn't continue with stereo upgrades.

LoL! Nice.

W3's are nice, but they have pretty good travel. I'd be wary of them wearing on the back of the seats. The specs say it will fit, then try em.... just be warned.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #9
haha i didnt realize my caps lock was on. but i just want to bump again. my last setup was in a single cab s10. i was running a jl audio a2150 amp with a one 10w1. i personally thought it hit pretty hard, but then again it was my first system with a tiny amp. i still have the amp and sub. what do you guys think i should do? build a new box for the 10w1 and keep the old setup? or get 1 more 10w1 and a bigger amp? i now have a 2nd gen dc
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #10
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha i didnt realize my caps lock was on. but i just want to bump again. my last setup was in a single cab s10. i was running a jl audio a2150 amp with a one 10w1. i personally thought it hit pretty hard, but then again it was my first system with a tiny amp. i still have the amp and sub. what do you guys think i should do? build a new box for the 10w1 and keep the old setup? or get 1 more 10w1 and a bigger amp? i now have a 2nd gen dc
Personally, I'd run 2 10" subs and upgrade your amp. Build the box or be careful buying one. Just keep an eye on airspace specs with the box.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
thanks man. would the box from super crew sounds work?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:40 AM   #12
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks man. would the box from super crew sounds work?
Possibly

Biggest things to look at:

Dimensions (obv)
Airspace
Depth

Also as far as an amp goes, if you're upgrading, for 2 10" JL10w3, you'll want something that has an output of 1000w RMS @ 2Ohms. Something around that should be good. Depth should be ok, I'd DEFINITELY go with 6" on the depth front. From what I can see online, the sub is 5-7/8" from top to mount (if I'm looking at the correct one). So it will be pretty tight. And then (again if I'm looking at the correct sub), the required airspace for the sub is 0.625 cubic feet. So the box you posted would provide adequate airspace. I'd just be weary of having enough depth and also shit fitting right.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Possibly

Biggest things to look at:

Dimensions (obv)
Airspace
Depth

Also as far as an amp goes, if you're upgrading, for 2 10" JL10w3, you'll want something that has an output of 1000w RMS @ 2Ohms. Something around that should be good. Depth should be ok, I'd DEFINITELY go with 6" on the depth front. From what I can see online, the sub is 5-7/8" from top to mount (if I'm looking at the correct one). So it will be pretty tight. And then (again if I'm looking at the correct sub), the required airspace for the sub is 0.625 cubic feet. So the box you posted would provide adequate airspace. I'd just be weary of having enough depth and also shit fitting right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dt5Nf7ct5c