1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

kenwood kdc x995

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by textoy, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Oct 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    textoy

textoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 TRD DC
    had a kenwood kdc x995 installed saturday at Custom Sounds of Pflugerville, TX.(great service by the way.) they have stores also in austin and San Antonio.
    thought i would share my observations about this HU.
    Very complex until you study if for a while. Downer that you get no owner's manual. You have to download it online and it is about 75 pages.
    No station pre-set buttons. All done by menu. Not a big deal for me since i rarely listen to a radio station. it is HD but since i replaced my stock antennae with a short rubber antennae my reception is poor. (I drive off road a lot and want the short antennae to keep brush from tearing a long one off.)
    it works flawlessly with my iPhone for music but I lost the bluetooth connection the 1st nite and can't seem to get it to recognize my phone again. That may be my ignorance as i may be missing a setting on the phone. Not a big deal either since i rarely get phone calls.
    The steering wheel controls work well for everything except it will not advance the track on CD's. You have to use the radio fast forward for that.
    One of the most common complaints is glare. I haven't witnessed that yet as we've not had much sunlight since installation.
    All the shortcomings are overcome by the sound it produces. It is superb. I had installed a amp and different speakers on the OEM radio that had greatly enhanced the performance. But, after installing the Kenwood HU, the sound is really superior. turning the volume past 25 will blow you out of the truck. Equal quality with CD's or iPhone.

2. Oct 12, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Does this model allow for wireless music streaming via Bluetooth? If so, I'd get the Bluetooth working again. :thumbsup:

Oh, and, pics or GTFO. :D

Fink

3. Oct 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    textoy

textoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 TRD DC
    don't think it will do wireless streaming via bluetooth but not sure. i don't know much about bluetooth applications.

Products Discussed in

To Top