Notices

Avic Z-1 Install

Old 10-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
2Kings920 is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT-Basic
Name: MartyV
2Kings920's Tacoma Gallery
Avic Z-1 Install

Ok, I've scoured the internet, this site, tacoma nation and anywhere else I can think of to help me get this job done and I'm pretty sure I can do it but I could use some confirmation on some things.

I've got an '08 Double Cab w/ 6disc cd player. I'm installing a Pioneer Avic Z-1 w/ Bluetooth, GPS, rear-view camera, steering wheel controls and iPod hook-up. So, I'm ordering:

-Double-DIN instalation kit from either Tacotunes.com/Crutchfield/Ebay
-Wire harness probably from Tacotunes.com also
-Metra Axxess ASWC Steering wheel controls(read good things about 'em)
-CBIB100ii Ipod interface adapter from Amazon, good price.
-Pyle flushmount rear camera; other one quit working; Amazon also.

I think that's it. I've never installed a stereo but I've got a bud helping me and all the info I've gathered on here, we should be good. I want to make sure I've got all the equipment I'll need before I start so I'm not waiting on parts to come in with a dash left wide open.

My only concerns are making sure the rear view cam works and the bypass's work like before. The other vehicles I had it in had the parking brake bypassed. It'll be a couple of weeks before I actually do the install but I will try and keep yal updated. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kings920 View Post
Ok, I've scoured the internet, this site, tacoma nation and anywhere else I can think of to help me get this job done and I'm pretty sure I can do it but I could use some confirmation on some things.

I've got an '08 Double Cab w/ 6disc cd player. I'm installing a Pioneer Avic Z-1 w/ Bluetooth, GPS, rear-view camera, steering wheel controls and iPod hook-up. So, I'm ordering:

-Double-DIN instalation kit from either Tacotunes.com/Crutchfield/Ebay
-Wire harness probably from Tacotunes.com also
-Metra Axxess ASWC Steering wheel controls(read good things about 'em)
-CBIB100ii Ipod interface adapter from Amazon, good price.
-Pyle flushmount rear camera; other one quit working; Amazon also.

I think that's it. I've never installed a stereo but I've got a bud helping me and all the info I've gathered on here, we should be good. I want to make sure I've got all the equipment I'll need before I start so I'm not waiting on parts to come in with a dash left wide open.

My only concerns are making sure the rear view cam works and the bypass's work like before. The other vehicles I had it in had the parking brake bypassed. It'll be a couple of weeks before I actually do the install but I will try and keep yal updated. Thanks!
I came across this post looking for help. I have an Avic Z1 and am trying to install the Metra ASWC. Were you successful? I am using the wiring harness they sell specificially for Toyota, but do not know where the 3.5mm plug goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Big Dustin will become famous soon enough

Name: Dustin
Big Dustin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
I came across this post looking for help. I have an Avic Z1 and am trying to install the Metra ASWC. Were you successful? I am using the wiring harness they sell specificially for Toyota, but do not know where the 3.5mm plug goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The plug goes in the back of your Pioneer. There are a few different ones you could plug it into, so check your manual, and it will outline exactly which one you need.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dustin View Post
The plug goes in the back of your Pioneer. There are a few different ones you could plug it into, so check your manual, and it will outline exactly which one you need.
Thanks Dustin. Sadly I checked with Metra and the Z1 is not compatable with their harness. Oh well.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Nathaniel is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
Nathaniel's Tacoma Gallery
hi belone have you looked into this

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=29

the swi-ps

i have it from my old car and am going to try to install it in a 2013 with z110bt, it worked in my old car with same radio
Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Big Dustin will become famous soon enough

Name: Dustin
Big Dustin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Dustin. Sadly I checked with Metra and the Z1 is not compatable with their harness. Oh well.
They are confused or something? I have the ASWC on my Pioneer Avic-z140 and it works great? Auto detected/programmed and everything.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dustin View Post
They are confused or something? I have the ASWC on my Pioneer Avic-z140 and it works great? Auto detected/programmed and everything.
the Z1 is an older model from 2006-2007. It's all good. I may be changing out the head unit over the winter anyway. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Nathaniel is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
Nathaniel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the Z1 is an older model from 2006-2007. It's all good. I may be changing out the head unit over the winter anyway. Thanks for the info.
the pac unit i mentioned is compatible with the z1