1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

aswc steering wheel controls

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rhewins13, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Oct 15, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    rhewins13

rhewins13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    rhode island
    Vehicle:
    2013 sr5 debadged
    3" toytec lift, 20" chrome wheels with 295/55 r20 nitto trail grapplers, leer 100xr cap w/ thule bars
    does anyone know where i could find a how to on the aswc steering wheel controls? ive been looking around and all i can find is the pac audio install. thanks

2. Oct 15, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    What brand head unit? Do you already have the OEM steering wheel controls?

Assuming you purchase the Metra wiring harness adapter, you connect it to the Tacoma harness, you splice the ASWC into power and ground wires, and you turn the ignition to the "on" position. It programs itself. It works. At least it was that way for me on a Pioneer install.

Take a look, download their manual -- http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-8114

3. Oct 19, 2011 at 4:17 AM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    PAC wiring is the same as for the ASWC (except you don't need to add a resistor inline on the ASWC). I just cut out the wires to my PAC and hooked the ASWC to the cut ends and it programmed instantly. That being said- the wiring manual for either is a little confusing. The picture of the harness plug shown in the ASWC manual is misleading. It looks like it is the front of the plug, but it must be from the back or the colors do not match the wire number key. If you are looking from the wrong side you can mix up the green/orange wire with the orange/green wire. Also, your head unit and the ASWC must be grounded to the same ground potential. In my case I ran a separate ground wire to a chassis bolt from the ASWC. Example- the ground wire from the ASWC(black) goes to a wire on your steering wheel harness (white/red) and then another (you supply) goes from that point to chassis or head unit ground. People who have bought the separate wiring harness seem to have had no problems with hooking up.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/120/120ASWC.PDF

Products Discussed in

To Top