Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

subwoofers!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
subwoofers!

I'm going today after school to a local audio store. I will be purchasing 2 memphis audio 12" subs with box and 500 watt amplifier. All together with wiring install and tax will be $430. I will try and post pics when i get home.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
Right on man. What part of MS are you from?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
my opinion is price is to high..
Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
biggie is on a distinguished road

Name: Collin
biggie's Tacoma Gallery
buying from a shop is always more expensive especially cause install is at least $80
Old 10-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
www.crutchfield.com
Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Are you getting Memphis Power Reference series. I assume that is installed with a box so not a bad price.

My buddy owns a audio shop and people always complain they can get it cheaper somewhere else, but they are also the first to complain when they blow a sub and he can't just switch it out for another one in the shop.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
two 12's is way too much in a 1st gen Tacoma...
Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvd2312 View Post
two 12's is way too much in a 1st gen Tacoma...

Depends on the sound you like. I used to have two ported type R Alpine 12's with a ton of power on them. Hit hard when I was in the mood to bump.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
12s in our size cab is major overkill. your gonna need like 8 speakers to keep up with them if not more.

i have two 10'' Alpine Type Xs and 6 speakers and i think i need two more..
Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post

Depends on the sound you like. I used to have two ported type R Alpine 12's with a ton of power on them. Hit hard when I was in the mood to bump.
I agree... I got plenty of power from 1 12" with a 1000 watt amp. If I want to I can shake the mirrors around and feel my hair moving with the bass or I can scale it back and it really sounds good filling in the lows.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #12
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
2 12's with just a 500w amp...thats really underpowered

Quote:
12s in our size cab is major overkill. your gonna need like 8 speakers to keep up with them if not more.

i have two 10'' Alpine Type Xs and 6 speakers and i think i need two more..
thats impressive but i like having SOMEWHAT of a back seat still haha.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #13
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon9402 View Post
I'm going today after school to a local audio store. I will be purchasing 2 memphis audio 12" subs with box and 500 watt amplifier. All together with wiring install and tax will be $430. I will try and post pics when i get home.
paid $180 for mine. but I bought the box with two 12" kickers for $100 from the pawnshop and $80 for the amp new from frys.

Quote:
12s in our size cab is major overkill.
seriously, i'm probably going to pull the box and get a single 12" box.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #14
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
He's 17. He just wants as much loud distorted shitty bass as he can. Fuck mids/highs.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
IMO its way to much, i had one Memphis m3 12inch ported in my truck only with a 300 watt amp and it sucked balls it was way too loud and really the sound quality sucked and it just makes you look retarded. i gave it away and switched to a single 10 inch type R with a ported box, and i also got a alpine 1000w digital amp (yep its alot of power for one ten) but with the gain turned to a good point and your stereo tuned, man it sounds amazing and a nice clean loud sound, i also have two other spare type r's just in case my sub blows up
Old 10-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROKITA View Post
IMO its way to much, i had one Memphis m3 12inch ported in my truck only with a 300 watt amp and it sucked balls it was way too loud and really the sound quality sucked and it just makes you look retarded. i gave it away and switched to a single 10 inch type R with a ported box, and i also got a alpine 1000w digital amp (yep its alot of power for one ten) but with the gain turned to a good point and your stereo tuned, man it sounds amazing and a nice clean loud sound, i also have two other spare type r's just in case my sub blows up
Lol my Type Xs are 10'' and 1000wRMS each, i have a 4000w amp powering them. I out bumped every system i met in my small town granted and all were 12s, excpet one adn that system had 3 12'' Type X's lol 10s can still beat the hell outa your car but have a much nicer overall tone and response so in the long run sound better. In all actuallity, 8s are the best sounding sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
2 12's with just a 500w amp...thats really underpowered

thats impressive but i like having SOMEWHAT of a back seat still haha.
Yea its VERy under powered. You should have at the bare minimun the exact RMS wattage. It better to have more tho for head room to fend off amp damage. As long as you know how to set the Amps gains you'll never hurt you speakers with an over powered amp. With an underpowered amp, clipped signal could be sent to the speakers or subs(aka a square sound wave) and that could damage the speakers and high amplitudes.

Yea..i don't have much of a back seat lol i can still store a lot of stuff there tho. I think ill be downsizing to just one 10 here soon and put the other in my supra. One of these things alone is pretty damn impressive. I nce drove around with only one plugged in on accident as the wire hadn't been put in correctly. Didn't even notice for who know how long till i looked back one day and saw it wasn't moving lol
Old 10-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
My one L7 12 is plenty enough for me! I just need a bigger amp...but IMO to the OP i woudnt let a shop do the install, i just recently went back and re-did the half assed job a local shop did on mine when my uncle had the truck but thats just me.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol my Type Xs are 10'' and 1000wRMS each, i have a 4000w amp powering them. I out bumped every system i met in my small town granted and all were 12s, excpet one adn that system had 3 12'' Type X's lol 10s can still beat the hell outa your car but have a much nicer overall tone and response so in the long run sound better. In all actuallity, 8s are the best sounding sub.
Ya type x are beast but im happy with one type R if i want more i could put my other 2 spares in and have my truck pop like a soda can but nah... i would like to see how the type x sound. but there too pricey.
i got my system for really cheap. In the three type r's i only spend like 120 all with single ported boxes and i sold one and bought a brand spanking new type R for 50 bucks out of the box. and my digital amp for 200 with a 6.0 capacitor. very cheap comparing to 700 bucks for just a freaken amp
Old 10-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #19
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
My one L7 12 is plenty enough for me! I just need a bigger amp...but IMO to the OP i woudnt let a shop do the install, i just recently went back and re-did the half assed job a local shop did on mine when my uncle had the truck but thats just me.
x2

I have a 12" L5 thats underpowered by 100 watts and that thing BUMPS! I need better speakers to keep up with it, though. My shity xplodes ain't cuttin it.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #20
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I like having the jumpseats available for my kids when I need to.
10's work for me.