1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No blue tooth phone

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Paak, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Oct 17, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Paak

Paak [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TX
    Bull bar, soft tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Sockmonkey sticker, MagnaFlow SI/SO, Window Visors
    I just bought my 11 Tacoma TX that came with a eclipse avn726e deck. I thought I just had a crappy phone but just upgraded to the iPhone 4s. My problem is that I can connect my phone to the deck and stream music via blue tooth but I can't place or take calls via blue tooth. I have the blue tooth mic above my A pillar and there's a button on the front of the deck to make phone calls, yet when I push the phone button the only screen I get everything is darkened out except "Settings" which does nothing for hooking up my phone. Any suggestions? I thought I would ask here and possibly go down to Toyota tomorrow and ask if I couldn't figure it out.

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    on the phone go to settings and make sure the blue tooth is turned on. my friends android did kinda the same in his FJ and his blue tooth was turned off.

3. Oct 17, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    Paak

Member:
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TX
    Bull bar, soft tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Sockmonkey sticker, MagnaFlow SI/SO, Window Visors
    It's turned on, I can stream music via the blue tooth connection but can't do phone calls. The dealer I got the truck from had never seen the deck before and really didn't know how to operate it. I follow the steps on the Eclipse book but it don't work. Oh well, guess I'll hit up the dealer tomorrow.

4. Oct 19, 2011 at 8:36 AM
    Paak

Member:
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TX
    Have to say, hands down Quality Imports in Fort Walton Beach FL is the worst customer support I've ever dealt with. Extremely rude. Basicly got handed off between 4 different people with the final person telling me to call their blue tooth support line. Not a single one bothered to even see what the problem was. Guess I have to see if my phone (iPhone 4s) is even compatible with the Eclipse deck, although I don't understand why it wouldn't be.

5. Oct 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    when someone calls in on the phone, will the music shut off?

6. Oct 19, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    Paak

Member:
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TX
    Thanks guys, I'm not sure if music shuts off or not, no ones called while streaming music via blue tooth.

7. Oct 19, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    mine shuts off the music and rings in my speakers. then will only answer via the phone mic and speaker. You have to change it to the car Bluetooth in the phone every time you answer.

you may want to check that, it took me a little while to figure that out on my iphone.

8. Nov 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    Paak

Member:
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TX
    Finally went up to Bob Tyler Toyota in Pensacola and the tech there couldn't figure it out either. He ended up calling Eclipse and they said there's a step missing in the manual. The parking brake NEEDS to be set in order to pair the phone! Thanks to the helpful guys at Bob Tyler!

Products Discussed in

To Top