Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

No blue tooth phone

Old 10-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Paak is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Weapons Instructor
Paak's Tacoma Gallery
No blue tooth phone

I just bought my 11 Tacoma TX that came with a eclipse avn726e deck. I thought I just had a crappy phone but just upgraded to the iPhone 4s. My problem is that I can connect my phone to the deck and stream music via blue tooth but I can't place or take calls via blue tooth. I have the blue tooth mic above my A pillar and there's a button on the front of the deck to make phone calls, yet when I push the phone button the only screen I get everything is darkened out except "Settings" which does nothing for hooking up my phone. Any suggestions? I thought I would ask here and possibly go down to Toyota tomorrow and ask if I couldn't figure it out.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
on the phone go to settings and make sure the blue tooth is turned on. my friends android did kinda the same in his FJ and his blue tooth was turned off.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Paak's Tacoma Gallery
It's turned on, I can stream music via the blue tooth connection but can't do phone calls. The dealer I got the truck from had never seen the deck before and really didn't know how to operate it. I follow the steps on the Eclipse book but it don't work. Oh well, guess I'll hit up the dealer tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Paak's Tacoma Gallery
Have to say, hands down Quality Imports in Fort Walton Beach FL is the worst customer support I've ever dealt with. Extremely rude. Basicly got handed off between 4 different people with the final person telling me to call their blue tooth support line. Not a single one bothered to even see what the problem was. Guess I have to see if my phone (iPhone 4s) is even compatible with the Eclipse deck, although I don't understand why it wouldn't be.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
when someone calls in on the phone, will the music shut off?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
Paak's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, I'm not sure if music shuts off or not, no ones called while streaming music via blue tooth.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paak View Post
Thanks guys, I'm not sure if music shuts off or not, no ones called while streaming music via blue tooth.
mine shuts off the music and rings in my speakers. then will only answer via the phone mic and speaker. You have to change it to the car Bluetooth in the phone every time you answer.

you may want to check that, it took me a little while to figure that out on my iphone.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
Paak's Tacoma Gallery
Finally went up to Bob Tyler Toyota in Pensacola and the tech there couldn't figure it out either. He ended up calling Eclipse and they said there's a step missing in the manual. The parking brake NEEDS to be set in order to pair the phone! Thanks to the helpful guys at Bob Tyler!