Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

advice for stereo asap!

Old 10-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
mhenson327 is on a distinguished road
mhenson327's Tacoma Gallery
advice for stereo asap!

My current audio set up in my 2011 dc tacoma is a double dinn kenwood 1200 watt

mono class d pioneer amp running to alpine type s 10s which i am very happy with(will eve tually upgrade subs) also 4 channel alpine amp running 7inch oversized Kenwood excelons up front which sound
good but the rear 6.5 inch alpine type s sound like garbage...so im looking for some good 6.5 inch compenent for around 150ish any suggestions? Also could i put the new components up front and will my kenwoods fit in the rear? Will sounds dampening help also? Thanks appreciate any
Old 10-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
alpine type r
Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Do you love the Kenwood speakers you have now? If yes, then maybe pick up another pair.

If no, then what don't you like? For example, if they use a metal dome tweeter and you find yourself turning down the treble, them maybe look for a set that uses a silk/textile dome tweeter. If you have to turn the treble up to get a sound you like, and the Kenwood's use a silk dome, then look for a set that has metal domes.

Sound damping on the doors will have essentially no effect on the tweeter, and mostly improve the low frequency (bass) response of the speakers. Well, it might make your truck a little quieter as well, depending.

Sort by price at places like Crutchfield and SonicElectronix. Find something you think is affordable and ask back here for specific impressions from someone who owns a set, or perhaps there will be a review at the DIYmobileaudio.com forum.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I've always liked polk audio. If they're even in business anymore
Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Rookie
txtrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
txtrd's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Infinity components, picked them up for under $100 on Amazon.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
mhenson327 is on a distinguished road
mhenson327's Tacoma Gallery
I want to get a set of id components for the front....will my 7 inch Kenwoods fit the rear
Old 10-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
you don't really need rears, just my opinion
Old 10-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhenson327 View Post
I want to get a set of id components for the front....will my 7 inch Kenwoods fit the rear
The answer is yes. Not sure about depth but I don't think you'll have a problem.