Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

OEM Subwoofer, Flux Capacitor

Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Subwoofer, Flux Capacitor

Has anyone torn apart the subwoofer on the extended cabs?
What size speakers are in there? Can I put different ones in there?
I haven't found any pics of a tear-down. Anybody have pics?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #2
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnR View Post
Has anyone torn apart the subwoofer on the extended cabs?
What size speakers are in there? Can I put different ones in there?
I haven't found any pics of a tear-down. Anybody have pics?
I believe is just a 6 inch round crappy ass speaker
Old 10-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
No one has torn this thing apart, huh?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
Law Enforcement:
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
No one has taken this thing apart yet?
I'd like to put in a better speaker, if I knew what I was up against.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
lineman is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
lineman's Tacoma Gallery
Its a 8" and real ez to remove i wanted to change mine but reading on here they say its a waste of time.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Law Enforcement:
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery

The Crossover box on the Flux Capacitor

The Subthump.com 2010 Access Cab subwoofer box. 8 or 10 inch subwoofers supported.

Flux Capacitor with the cover off.

Passenger access door with plastic cover over unused speaker mount.

5 and a 1/2 inch subwoofer from the Flux Capacitor.

I put in a Sound Ordnance 500 watt sub amp under the passenger seat. The seat's metal bar rubs on it though, even after putting 2 washers under the seat mount bolts. Its hooked up to my Pioneer AVH-P3300BT receiver with an attached HD radio tuner, Axxess steering wheel control, and parking brake overide. I still have the shitty exciters hooked up in the ceiling. They will be replaced someday with rear door speakers.