Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Best Audio LCD Head Unit??

Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #1
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Best Audio LCD Head Unit??

I want to put a system in my Tacoma. I kno I want an LCD touch screen... I dont kno what the best ones are?? Let me hear your opinion and see pics if u got em'. Thnx
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Smurfio18 will become famous soon enough
Smurfio18's Tacoma Gallery
I you're going to be running a stock speaker setup you can't go wrong with either Pioneer or Alpine. They are both notable companies that make some good flip out and double din lcd tv's for the car. If you are gonna run an external amp then it really doesn't matter what brand you get but I would stay with either Pioneer, Alpine or Kenwood. You might wanna consider springing up the xtra $300 and get one with built in Navigation.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfio18 View Post
I you're going to be running a stock speaker setup you can't go wrong with either Pioneer or Alpine. They are both notable companies that make some good flip out and double din lcd tv's for the car. If you are gonna run an external amp then it really doesn't matter what brand you get but I would stay with either Pioneer, Alpine or Kenwood. You might wanna consider springing up the xtra $300 and get one with built in Navigation.

+1... Use Crutchfield to do comparisons... good tech info there...
Old 11-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #4
john3:16 is on a distinguished road
john3:16's Tacoma Gallery
i dunno i personally dislike kenwood i just never really liked the quality of their products same goes with alpine, if i were you id go with pioneer or eclipse... i love my eclipse double dinn unit... and ive got to say the navigation has never failed me... you can also bypass the unit to play dvds while you drive so your passengers in the car dont get too bored during a long drive cause we all know that the drivers eyes always stay on the road
Old 03-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

bump
Old 03-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #6
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
I think it comes down to your personal opinion. Go to mobile audio/video shops and see what they have on display. Use the functions of the display models and familiarize yourself with them to see which is your favorite. You can also get a good perspective as to how the quality of the pictures of each LCD screen compare to each other. That is how I made my decision on which unit to purchase. If you rely strictly on what other people suggest, you may find that you do or don't like the same things. Finding out you don't like the same things after spending a considerable amount of money is a situation that can be avoided in this case. Pick what works best for you!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:18 AM   #7
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
i just installed a pioneer f700bt and it is an awesome headunit. if you get your butt down to circuit city you can find head units cheap. mine sells for 846 i got it for 280 with the metra dash kit and wire harness.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #9
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma08MZ View Post
I just put this same unit in my truck and I LOVE it, dedicated GPS by Garmin, full function DVD player, IPOD ready, great visuals, makes my stock speakers sound great, HIGHLY recommend this unit. I have mine setup so you can watch DVD's while rolling. Since my purchase 2 of my friends have ordered theirs. Shop Sonic Electronix for some great deals, they carry ALL kinds of stuff. Great site. This unit runs 599.00 and the wiring harness comes with it, also they will give you a 12.99 credit towards the correct fit kit.

www.sonicelectronix.com
Old 03-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
i just installed a pioneer f700bt and it is an awesome headunit. if you get your butt down to circuit city you can find head units cheap. mine sells for 846 i got it for 280 with the metra dash kit and wire harness.
I would definitely like to see pics of yours...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #11

Also the ones I hear most about on TW is either Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, or Eclipse if you have pics of these please post. I still havn't decided on the features besides the fact I want a double din touch screen. I'm pretty sure I want it with a DVD reciever and IPod hook up though. Not sure about the NAV or Bluetooth system because I already have a GPS and I really dont think I need the Bluetooth.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #12
bluecluee is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
bluecluee's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Pioneer F900bt, it's awesome. The XM and iPod integration is top notch and the GPS has never let me down. I ordered it from amazon.com and saved a few hundred bucks.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecluee View Post
I have a Pioneer F900bt, it's awesome. The XM and iPod integration is top notch and the GPS has never let me down. I ordered it from amazon.com and saved a few hundred bucks.
Take some pics for me.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #16
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
i also have the 5120 and i love it, the only problems ive had with it so far is when it plays the .wma files instead of them being .mp3 but its not bad at all.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #17
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i've come to find that everyone's idea of quality and sound performance is different... i recommend you go around to some car audio stores and play with them your self, thats the best way to get a feel for them. If you want to check out the sound take one of your cds in with you and play it in the different decks... nothing will talk you into picking "the one" more than a hands on demo
Old 03-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #18
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
+1... Use Crutchfield to do comparisons... good tech info there...
+! on ThisGuy's advice. Crutchfield is an excellent place to go window shopping. I've even called and asked advice on stuff I didn't buy from them, told them so and they still helped me out.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #19
miss south !! haha!!
rocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nice

rocivm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to rocivm
i love that touchscreem, but i want also one that has a cover casue my truck is allways outside the parking lot of my restaurant and is too many people and if its not cover , i know somebody is gonna break a window for my radio w/ lcd, so i need one like the old school with a cover,any ideas??/
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #20
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
yeah i know what you mean, im always scared that someone will break into mine but i couldnt help buying this one, it made the stock speakers so much louder its amazing and the movies look great on it, i love how the guys hooked me up to where it plays movies while i drive haha.