Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Maximum tweeter size for stock tweeter location in 2011 double cab

Old 10-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
saitcho is on a distinguished road
saitcho's Tacoma Gallery
Maximum tweeter size for stock tweeter location in 2011 double cab

I have been searching for info on the largest tweeter that will fit in the stock tweeter location in the front doors of my 2011 double cab.

I want to use a Vifa XT25BG60-04 tweeter which is rather large. The tweeter's dimensions are as follows:

3.125" cutout diameter
4.125" overall diameter
2.2" depth

Does anyone know what the largest tweeter size that will fit in this location would be? I understand that I will need to fabricate a mount or purchase one from TacoTunes to complete the install. My primary concern is that this tweeter is too large for the location.

I have done several searches on this site and on the internet with no confirmed results. Please, I realize this is my first post here but if you're going to ask me to use the search function understand that I have already tried this and had no luck.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Don't worry about the diameter since almost all of it is flange anyway. I'm pretty sure you should be ok on depth too. Here is a pic for reference of what's already under there.