Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Good DVD/Nav/Bluetooth

Old 10-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Russell
Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
Good DVD/Nav/Bluetooth

I would like to get some input on Head units. I want to get a DVD/NAV/Bluetooth head unit. What is a good unit? Pirces? Quality of Screen? I don't want to send a fortune but would like a good unit. Plz help with suggestions. Thank You
Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
saitcho is on a distinguished road
saitcho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddbus View Post
I would like to get some input on Head units. I want to get a DVD/NAV/Bluetooth head unit. What is a good unit? Pirces? Quality of Screen? I don't want to send a fortune but would like a good unit. Plz help with suggestions. Thank You
You didnt mention a what a fortune is. For $760 on amazon you can get the pioneer AVIC z130bt. I've always liked these personally.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Russell
Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
a fortune would be anything over $750
Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I'm eyeballin the alpine. $900 isn't out of reach, but I'm not droppin coin like that tomorrow. Ill do some research and see what else ill need to have it functions best for me(wheel controls, new speakers, etc)
Old 10-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sup for when i when i get money to new new sound system..

only think is are they good for polarized sunglasses? because thats all i have.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
XJBaylor will become famous soon enough
Name: Keith
XJBaylor's Tacoma Gallery
I think there are two really good choices in that price range...at least that fit my needs, which may match yours. The AVIC-Z130bt is great, as is the Kenwood DNX-6180. The big differences are the Pioneer has a better user interface. It simply looks a little better. The DNX has Garmin GPS, which is simply unrivaled in my opinion. I think the 6180 is around $650 on Amazon now. I purchased the outgoing DNX-6160 for about $300 on ebay, manufacturer refurbished, and am very happy.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
What's a dvd?

Blu-ray indash ftw! haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ3_qUENwNs
Old 10-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
...are they good for polarized sunglasses? because thats all i have.
I have the Pioneer X930BT (cheaper cousin of the Z130BT) and it works with polarized sunglasses (I wear prescription glasses). The screen doesn't disappear until I turn my head about 50 degrees sideways. Seems Pioneer was actually thinking when they made the unit - in contrast to the Delphi produced, single-CD unit from Toyota, couldn't read the display at all with the sunglasses on.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
saitcho is on a distinguished road
saitcho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saitcho View Post
You didnt mention a what a fortune is. For $760 on amazon you can get the pioneer AVIC z130bt. I've always liked these personally.
darn I was wrong about this price. That was for a used unit not a new one. It's $899 new on amazon. I still might pick it up though since I have had the older versions of these same pioneer flagship units in my previous vehicles and always been very happy.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbridges View Post
I have the Pioneer X930BT (cheaper cousin of the Z130BT) and it works with polarized sunglasses (I wear prescription glasses). The screen doesn't disappear until I turn my head about 50 degrees sideways. Seems Pioneer was actually thinking when they made the unit - in contrast to the Delphi produced, single-CD unit from Toyota, couldn't read the display at all with the sunglasses on.
thanks. i have spy and oakley’s and have a hard time seeing the stock display. i idk if mine is the single dick or 6 disk and i don’t care. i have a thing for my ipod. so i listen to it or radio. we have a GPS. but i would like to get one that is built in. and have blue tooth. and dvd/blue ray. don’t have to have blue ray. but dvd would be nice.