Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Pics of your DD Dash kit

Old 10-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
06SR54X4BLUE is on a distinguished road

Name: Al
06SR54X4BLUE's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of your DD Dash kit

Trying to decided whats the best double din sliver dash kit out there for my new Kenwood DDX418
Old 10-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
The kit I got from crutchfield is nice. It can be used as a DD and single.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR54X4BLUE View Post
What company made it Tnator? any pics?
I'm not sure of the brand. They included it when I bought my head unit. I can post pics if you like, but mine is black not silver. It's good quality IMO, though. Never had a problem with it.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #5

I'm hearing that some are cheap some are not painted well (silver) Sure post the pics. Cheers
Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #6

Best pic I have right now.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a pic but my "Metra silver, textured" looks pretty much like an OEM part in my truck. I've only had it in for about a month so I don't really know of it's durability. The color pretty well matches spot-on.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #9
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
buy the scosche kit... It uses the factory brackets for the radio and that alone makes it worth the money.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
This is my Metra kit. I am not really happy with it but Metra is the only DD kit to come in black.
Mine is black, not sure if it's a Metra, though. How come you don't like it?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #13
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Mine is black, not sure if it's a Metra, though. How come you don't like it?
If you had to use the stock radio mounting bracket it is a Metra kit.

I could not get the flush fit I wanted in the top right hand corner. I came close but I had to super glue the trim ring to the actual DD faceplate.

I had a single din Scoche kit and it fit like a glove.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
Chainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ed
Chainsmoker's Tacoma Gallery
i have a KenwoodDDX418. i just installed it a few weeks ago. I got the unit from amazon with the NAV and Blue tooth. I ordered the double din from crutchfield and i used the factory mounting brackets. I also set up the factory camera to the unit. great unit fit great, i would def buy it again.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #16

I went with Metra silver. I modified the factory brackets drilled new hole in them so the unit would sit deeper (for my Kenwood) Had to f$ck around with it a bit, and the finish is ok (kinda boring looking) i wish it had that smooth trim around the clock like our stockers. im kind picky i guess, the wife thinks it looks great, but hey what the hell does she know....she picked me! Here is how it looks now, i might still fool with it later. Cheers and thanks for all the input guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of your DD Dash kit-img_2482.jpg   Pics of your DD Dash kit-img_2483.jpg   Pics of your DD Dash kit-img_2485.jpg  
Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #17
mk7 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
mk7's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone thought about putting the 2012 "Display Audio with Nav" head unit in there 05-11? I want to do this. I guess I would need to check with the stealership to see how much they want.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #18

It will be very expensive i am sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk7 View Post
Has anyone thought about putting the 2012 "Display Audio with Nav" head unit in there 05-11? I want to do this. I guess I would need to check with the stealership to see how much they want.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #19

Nice job man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers View Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #20

It looks good with your whole dash being black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsmoker View Post