Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

No Entune Internet with iPhone 4S

Old 10-23-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
No Entune Internet with iPhone 4S

My iPhone 4S syncs fine for bluetooth and music, but when trying to connect for Internet to use Pandora, Bing etc. the connections keeps failing. I've set up my Entune account and downloaded the app and logged in via the app. I've also gone to the advanced tab on Entune on truck to put in my username and password and APN of Verizon. No luck.

Went to the dealer, not much help, it is new to them too. The guy I worked with had an Android on Verizon and his synced right up. My sales rep with an iPhone 4 could do bluetooth and music, but got the same issue with Internet (he had AT&T)

Anybody able to sync their iPhone to Entune for Internet?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
lisa508 is on a distinguished road
Name: Lisa
lisa508's Tacoma Gallery
I have an android phone which connects just fine, most of the time. The guys at the dealership all have IPhones, including a 4S. The internet connection can only be made with the USB cable plugged in at the moment. There should be an update soon to allow internet access via bluetooth. Just make sure you're plugged in and have your Entune app running and registered, it should work just fine. FYI, Pandora radio has to be linked and registered online also before it will work.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa508 View Post
I have an android phone which connects just fine, most of the time. The guys at the dealership all have IPhones, including a 4S. The internet connection can only be made with the USB cable plugged in at the moment. There should be an update soon to allow internet access via bluetooth. Just make sure you're plugged in and have your Entune app running and registered, it should work just fine. FYI, Pandora radio has to be linked and registered online also before it will work.
From what I've read in the manual and going through the on-screen menus, the only way to get Internet is via Bluetooth. How do configure Internet via cable (non-Bluetooth)?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
lisa508's Tacoma Gallery
First, make sure you are registered for an account with Entune at www.myentune.com Next, download the Entune app to your Iphone. Use the username and password you just created with "myentune" to log in to your Iphone Entune account app. Plug your Iphone into the USB port under the radio, turn the key to accessory and the radio should ask you if you'd like to use your Iphone for internet access. Make sure you're not moving, it won't allow you to continue if you are. Just follow the prompts and it should let you know it's connected. I just did it with my BF's Iphone and it was all set up in less than 2 minutes. Try using the BING or Fuel prices app on the radio, those both worked right away. If you want to use Pandora, you must be signed up for a Pandora account and then it has to be linked with your MyEntune account online under the Features tab. Let me know if it worked out for you. The Iphone setup was easier than my Android.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa508 View Post
First, make sure you are registered for an account with Entune at www.myentune.com Next, download the Entune app to your Iphone. Use the username and password you just created with "myentune" to log in to your Iphone Entune account app. Plug your Iphone into the USB port under the radio, turn the key to accessory and the radio should ask you if you'd like to use your Iphone for internet access. Make sure you're not moving, it won't allow you to continue if you are. Just follow the prompts and it should let you know it's connected. I just did it with my BF's Iphone and it was all set up in less than 2 minutes. Try using the BING or Fuel prices app on the radio, those both worked right away. If you want to use Pandora, you must be signed up for a Pandora account and then it has to be linked with your MyEntune account online under the Features tab. Let me know if it worked out for you. The Iphone setup was easier than my Android.
Lisa, it worked! Thank you. I had done everything previously except plugging in to USB before vehicle was turned on.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
croyeti is on a distinguished road

croyeti's Tacoma Gallery
Did you guys figure out how to show text and emails on the entune?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
lisa508's Tacoma Gallery
Glad it worked fafafahey.
Croyeti, I've searched everywhere about texting and email, haven't found anything yet. I'm assuming since it's on the screen but grayed out that it's probably a future update. They did say that other apps would be available sometime in the Spring of 2012. I'd really like to use that feature too since I hate to text while driving.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by croyeti View Post
Maybe we can get an extension on the "free" 3 years of entune service since we are guinea pigs
Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #9

croyeti's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I hope they update it soon...I heard rumors that there will be an update in November but i am not sure what it will be. I just want that text to speech, so my truck can send text messages to my friends.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Ya I hope they update it soon...I heard rumors that there will be an update in November but i am not sure what it will be. I just want that text to speech, so my truck can send text messages to my friends.
My iPhone 4S has the Siri assistant which reads texts, translates speech to texts, etc....we'll see how the Entune compares.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
lisa508's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it will ever compare to Siri, I personally can't wait to get rid of my Android and finally get the Iphone. Hopefully the 5 comes out in June just after my contract is up. The Entune picks up voice commands pretty well so far though. I have yet to try the artist/song search with my Ipod, curious how accurate that will be.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:08 AM   #12

Love the iPhone, don't miss the Blackberry at all. I need to sit down and read my Entune manual and the navigation manual. In many ways the nav on my 2008 Honda Accord EXL was so much better, but think I just need to learn the features on this one.

I posted on Toyota USA Facebook wall about ETA on iPhone patch.

I'll keep this post updated with what I learn...
Old 10-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
MBRGuru is on a distinguished road
MBRGuru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It depends on the phone you have. If your phone doesn't support Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile), then E-Mail and text messages won't work. iOS doesn't have MAP, but some Blackberry and Android phones do.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #14

croyeti's Tacoma Gallery
i am just curious...do u guys sometimes get a rattle noise when u turn up the radio...it sounds like it is coming from the door, i am putting volume up at 30 so yes the sub is going pretty hard....but just curious if u guys have a rattle.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #15

Quote:
i am just curious...do u guys sometimes get a rattle noise when u turn up the radio...it sounds like it is coming from the door, i am putting volume up at 30 so yes the sub is going pretty hard....but just curious if u guys have a rattle.
No rattle that I have noticed.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #16
majormarkd is on a distinguished road
majormarkd's Tacoma Gallery
Guys i'm running into this issue with a iphone4s and a brand new Tacoma with entune nav.

I've tried everything lisa stated above but I'm not receiving any prompts.

Here's what ive got so far.

1) Created/registered entune account, downloaded app, and have it running on iphone.

2) plug phone in (device previously paired), turn truck to "acc" on, no prompts come up

2a) plug phone in (device pairing deleted prior to), turn truck to "acc" - no prompts come up

2b) turn truck to "acc", device previously paired, no prompts come up

2c) turn truck to "acc", device not paired, no prompts come up.

during every trial phase i attempt bing and fuel prices and they prompt "no internet connection has been setup, would you like to?" and if you click no then nothing happens, if you click yes then it takes you to the Bluetooth internet connection setting, which inevitably leads to "connection failed"

any thoughts / suggestions?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #17
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Not to hack the thread but can we install an Entune head unit into an '05 Tacoma? Should be plug and play right? Thanks. Sorry if this has been asked before
Old 12-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #18
majormarkd is on a distinguished road
majormarkd's Tacoma Gallery
***** found a fix *****

Lisa is dead on correct (as i assumed)

but if youre still running into issues - like i was...

try changing cords (then follow her instructions)

We had been using a BMW usb/18th audio dual cord... it had worked fine with the BMW but apparently its a nogo with the toyota.

swapped it to the normal apple usb cord and bam! good to go.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #19
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
any updates?

Everything works via bluetooth except pandora....

(iphone 4s)