Notices

Under the seat subs

Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Nutts
stormtrooper37 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
stormtrooper37's Tacoma Gallery
Under the seat subs

Does anyone know of a sub woofer that will fit uder the front seat ?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
the yota is here is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
the yota is here's Tacoma Gallery
what year truck?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
Nutts

Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
06SR54X4BLUE is on a distinguished road

Name: Al
06SR54X4BLUE's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed the Sound Ordnance B-8PT under my passenger seat in my 06 Access Cab. I originally had it on the floor behind the passenger seat, with the jumper seat when folded forward hides it petty good also. But to get it fully under the seat you you need to take the seat out and re-position the seat support bar up and out of the way. There is screws holding it (the bar) into place, a bit of a chore getting to the screws but much easier than trying to bend it out of the way. Cheers Al
Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think one guy got a Focal sub under the seat.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I started to put my SO B8PT under the driver's seat but I decided it was easier to just put it behind the rear seat. Still sounds good, but I might try to move it up under the driver's seat at some point. I know other folks have done it, but I'm pretty sure they take out the seat to do so.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #8
XJBaylor will become famous soon enough
Name: Keith
XJBaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I started to put my SO B8PT under the driver's seat but I decided it was easier to just put it behind the rear seat. Still sounds good, but I might try to move it up under the driver's seat at some point. I know other folks have done it, but I'm pretty sure they take out the seat to do so.
Taking out the seats only takes about 3 minutes (not exaggerating) and involves four easily accessed bolts and one (passenger) or two (drivers) quick release electrical harnesses.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #9
Nutts

sweet how does sound ordanance sound
Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #10
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Kenwood. I have one under the driver's side seat. It adds bass, but don't expect a big punch.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #11
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR54X4BLUE View Post
Just installed the Sound Ordnance B-8PT under my passenger seat in my 06 Access Cab. I originally had it on the floor behind the passenger seat, with the jumper seat when folded forward hides it petty good also. But to get it fully under the seat you you need to take the seat out and re-position the seat support bar up and out of the way. There is screws holding it (the bar) into place, a bit of a chore getting to the screws but much easier than trying to bend it out of the way. Cheers Al
Be careful if you re-position that bar...when I did it it affected my passenger side airbag. The bar's position made it so the airbag would only come on when the person in the seat was 200lbs or more!
My gf didn't like driving around with me without the airbag on, so i put the bar back the way it was and now the airbag works again...and the bar rubs on my amp when I move the seat. It seems that the bar in the up position prevents the passenger from activating the air bag sensor...There are more threads on this issue if you search it. Some people have had no problems...but I did when I tried moving that bar.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #12
crazyjeys is on a distinguished road

crazyjeys's Tacoma Gallery
noob question: can i install a powered sub on my stock 02 taco radio or do i need a new HU?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #13
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeys View Post
noob question: can i install a powered sub on my stock 02 taco radio or do i need a new HU?
Yes, you can do it with the stock radio, but you would be better off with an aftermarket HU. You would tap into one of the speaker wires and wire it to the amp's high input. Preamps from an aftermarket HU would eliminate the noise.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #14

It is up and towards the back rest on a 45 degree angle with no issues. I think it is just for support for the seat myself, maybe a big ass stopper! there were no wires attatched to it or to the brackets holding it that i saw. The harness is more of a issue i would think, i moved it also around a bit. I would think it senses someone in the seat for seat belt reasons, and then the seat belt being used would trigger the airbag sensor to work i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombiosis View Post
Be careful if you re-position that bar...when I did it it affected my passenger side airbag. The bar's position made it so the airbag would only come on when the person in the seat was 200lbs or more!
My gf didn't like driving around with me without the airbag on, so i put the bar back the way it was and now the airbag works again...and the bar rubs on my amp when I move the seat. It seems that the bar in the up position prevents the passenger from activating the air bag sensor...There are more threads on this issue if you search it. Some people have had no problems...but I did when I tried moving that bar.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper37 View Post
sweet how does sound ordanance sound
Pretty clean and tight if you don't try to over power it. It's an 8", and won't sound like two 12" subs no matter what you do to it. The wired dial remote is nice because you can tweak the sub for each new song or album on the fly.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #16

Yes i am very happy i went this route too Poly!

Quote:
Pretty clean and tight if you don't try to over power it. It's an 8", and won't sound like two 12" subs no matter what you do to it. The wired dial remote is nice because you can tweak the sub for each new song or album on the fly.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #17
Nutts

Quote:
i found one that is a ten im currently trying to sell my 2 12s and the amp no hits tho
Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #18
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR54X4BLUE View Post
It is up and towards the back rest on a 45 degree angle with no issues. I think it is just for support for the seat myself, maybe a big ass stopper! there were no wires attatched to it or to the brackets holding it that i saw. The harness is more of a issue i would think, i moved it also around a bit. I would think it senses someone in the seat for seat belt reasons, and then the seat belt being used would trigger the airbag sensor to work i think.
45 degree angle should work...I had it straight up, which prevented the seat cushion from going low enough to activate the sensor. The seat belt clip has nothing to do with it...the airbag needs to see at least 80lbs to come on, that way it won't come on with a small child there.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #19
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper37 View Post
Does anyone know of a sub woofer that will fit uder the front seat ?
Check out the underseat sub from Focal. I have one in my '06 Pre Access Cab. I like it. If you are looking for something to thump the daylights out of everyone within 20 feet - look elseware. This sub is a powered sub and will ad bass to your music but the guy sitting next to you at the light probably wont be able to hear it.