LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Got sent wrong speakers.. do i send them back?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Got sent wrong speakers.. do i send them back?

ordered some 6x9 speakers from ebay (TS-A6974R) and online it said they were 380w max and 160 rms. speakers came today and the box has the same model # but sayd theyre 500w max and 80w nominal power(rms) wat should i do?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
They're not what you paid for so I would probably send them back and tell them you want the ones that were originally listed for sale.

Fink
Old 10-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the thing is when i google the model #, the result is the 500w max 50w rms comes up. hers is the page from best buy.. am i missing something??

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+...974R&cp=1&lp=1
Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
the thing is when i google the model #, the result is the 500w max 50w rms comes up. hers is the page from best buy.. am i missing something??

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+6%22+x+9%22+3-Way+Car+Speakers+with+Carbon+Graphic+IMPP+Cones+(P air)/2994136.p?id=1218370113739&skuId=2994136&st=TS-A6974R&cp=1&lp=1
I would go off what is on the box.

Are you sure they are legit Pioneers and not a knock-off?

Fink
Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ries/TS-A6974R
Old 10-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #7

yeah and i just called best buy and they admitted their website must be wrong and i could either try exchanging/returning it to the store or get a return shipping label and get a refund so ill run past tomorrow. i saw online that in the store near me they have in stock a speaker thats 300w max 100 rms.. should i stick with mine that have the higher max of go with the one that has a higher rms?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Who cares what the max or RMS power handling is?

Are you running an aftermarket amp and need the power handling?

If not, just rock them, unless you need/want something else.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #9
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
The important thing is how the speakers sound, not their max/rms power rating. Drop by BestBuy and ask to hear the speakers, judge by sound, not the mostly BS power ratings (which BTW typically imply how much heat the speaker can dump off, not how loud it will play - for loudness you need to know sensitivity).
Old 10-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #10

sensitivity on the ones i got is 91 db and im gonna run them directly off a 400w amp.. nut sure if im gonna bridge them or not
Old 10-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
sensitivity on the ones i got is 91 db and im gonna run them directly off a 400w amp.. nut sure if im gonna bridge them or not
You bridge an amp, not speakers.

But, either way, the website was most likely mislabeled and you got what you paid for but not what was advertised. If you are using 6x9's, then I'm guessing it probably won't be that big of a deal to your ears. (I know there are some very nice 6x9's out there, but these are not the ones that I would expect to find in a very highend setup).

For a budget setup, what you were sent will probably be satisfactory.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #12

i found out at a loca shop they have 6x9's that r 500w max and 120 rms and r about the same price.. might return these to bestbuy and pick those up. would it be a terrible idea to bridge the amp to these speakers?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #13

oh and i bought the speakers from best buy, not ebay haha sorry