Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

MY TRUCK HAS NO BLUETOOTH , HOW DO I ADD ORIGINAL BLUETOOTH FEATURE ?

Old 10-28-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
MiamiBoi
KaliSwag is on a distinguished road

KaliSwag's Tacoma Gallery
MY TRUCK HAS NO BLUETOOTH , HOW DO I ADD ORIGINAL BLUETOOTH FEATURE ?

I Just got my truck and later notice no bluetooth !

;( Dam , I love using bluetooth in d ride , but o well

I thought how hard can it be to install bluetooth feature option that comes with some trucks from factory into my truck.

Like the the whole buttons on the steering wheel and all .

any 1 know anything helpful , Thnks!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
search blu logic
Old 10-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen the blu tooth equipped mirrors on ebay occasionally- very expensive. Usually sell for over $400.

If you want to use a blu logic kit it will work well, but you have to add a stick-on mike that comes with the kit. Blu logic kits use one of your existing switch holes- either up by the fog lights or down by the center console, so you need a free switch position. In addition, the Blu logic kits may not be compatible with factory XM radio or Nav system- they use the same port in the back of your radio head unit. That being said, I sold my Blu logic to a guy with factory XM and he was able to make it work.

As for the steering wheel switches- some guys have added them by modifying the steering wheel airbag cover to fit the switches. The switches themselves are available from wreckers or ebay. The other option would be to buy the whole steering wheel from a wrecker.

Also note, if you plan to go with an aftermarket stereo- you might just want to get a blu tooth kit compatible with your head unit. I installed an Alpine head unit and installed a Parrot Blu tooth kit that was compatible with that head unit.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
MiamiBoi

4sho Thanks , i think Im going with the aftermarket stereo unit maybe fold out screen and add blue tooth compatibility !
Old 10-29-2011, 02:30 AM   #5
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
The Alpine Parrot unit is nicer than the Blu Logic kits- I can dial through all my call records and phone indexes using my volume knob and the info appears on the head unit screen.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
MiamiBoi

I got the pioneer 33000bt nice il upload pics later!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:39 AM   #7
tacomanto will become famous soon enough
tacomanto's Tacoma Gallery
Do the new trucks come with Bluetooth-equipped entertainment systems?