1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

********* Experience

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BAMFTX, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Oct 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    BAMFTX

BAMFTX [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma 4x4
    Shorty 9" antenna, SQ1 Tacotunes audio system,
    Hey Y'all, I'm new to this site but already have found a wealth of useful info to make my Tacoma the way I want it.
    I decided to start inside and make my way out, so a new sound system was first on my list. After reading and searching I was very curious about *********. Some threads on here were negative and being they are in Texas and fairly local (I'm in Houston, they are in San Antonio) I thought I'd see whats up with them.

My first test was to gauge their communication. Sent them an inquiry through their website and within a day received a response.

Talked to local car installers and they didn't know too much about sub boxes in the back of a double cab so I thought hard about my options.

I ordered the SQ1 package from ********* and 3 days later 2 huge boxes arrive. I was given tracking numbers and he even had some Ballistic sound deadener drop shipped to me from the supplier and copied me on all those emails.

The equipment: sub box, speakers, wiring and etc are all excellent and exceed my expectations and are as he describes on the website.

I used Youtube videos to help me take the interior out of the Tacoma. I completely sound deadened the cab with Raamatt and Ballistic products. This was very time consuming but well worth it.

I am very happy with my experience with *********. I have an amazing sounding system. Now onto getting a 3" lift and black rims:)

ps. I have no affiliation with ********* and did not promise them anything. BUt I feel there are mixed reports on this company and I wanted to share my positive experience. msg me for any info.

2. Oct 28, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Welcome to TW!

Good review!

Fink

3. Oct 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    must be under management...

Welcome to the forum Brian

4. Oct 29, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    TRDSport17North

TRDSport17North 06SR5,17TRDSport,22TRDSport

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Sport D/C L/B Premium
    Oem LEDs Heads and Fogs, Interior and exterior LED's, Tonneau Cover, Tint, Running Boards, decals overlays and inserts, Bed mat and lighting, Mats, Speaker upgrade, amp, powered sub, Dsp. Meso Stage 1 tails. Complete front end Expel paint protection, ceramic coated, rust protection, 265 70 17 Cooper at3 4s on 17" OEM Sema Pro wheels. More to come...
    I am up in Canada about 3 hours north of the US border, and i just wanna ad that Rob (as busy as he is) answered all my Q's and my order was perfect. Yes i too was a little leery dropping $400+ dollars to some bad reviews i read also, but when he was professional in answering my emails i decide that he seemed legit. Glad i went with him too! Cheers Al

5. Oct 29, 2011 at 9:03 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Welcome to TW

6. Mar 26, 2014 at 9:27 PM
    deadbird8

deadbird8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    14 4x4
    These posts are pretty old. Their website states email is the 'preferred method of contacting them' and here is my recent experience. I liked the look of their speaker mounts and their videos are pretty good. I was also considering their Image Dynamics speaker packages as well.

I sent an email last week with several questions, but this is the answer I received the next day: "This was in spam folder. Do you still need help? Sorry for the delay" -that was it.

I replied that I only sent the email yesterday and yes I had some questions, but never received a response. I tried calling but there was no answer and no voicemail.

I was still looking at the ID speakers and emailed ID to see if ********* was still an active/reputable dealer as listed on their website because they were unresponsive. ID responded same day and said 'yes and they would forward my contact info'.

I finally got a second email from ********* that Image Dynamics had forwarded my info and asked what I needed. I replied with my list of questions again and he responded 'I've had email issues' and only partially answered one question from the first email I sent but ignored the detailed questions. Responses were never more than ~15 words.

On a whim I checked the BBB site- where they are rated an F for delivery and service issues with complaints in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
    http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/Bu...-san-antonio-tx-90078965/complaints#breakdown

Any other source for good speaker mounts?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  7. Mar 27, 2014 at 2:49 AM
    Goose8651

Goose8651 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab
    Talk to Mr. Marv on here. He sells speaker mounts, sub boxes, amp racks, and hybrid audio speakers. Extremely pleased with his products. Easiest way to contact him is through phone. Check out his sticky thread for a double cab install.

8. Mar 27, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    You can usually find them on eBay, but are definitely not MrMarv quality. My fronts are eBays and have been in place for 4+ years with no problems. Oh I did have to widen one of the mounting holes on install, but that was a simple drill out.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Mar 28, 2014 at 5:23 PM
    deadbird8

deadbird8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    14 4x4
    I PMed Mr. Marv, he responded almost immediately with the info, I made my payment, and they are shipping - all in the span of 15 minutes.

10. Mar 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    NfiniteZERO

NfiniteZERO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Boise, ID
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab TRD Sport
    AVS BugFlector and Vent-visors, Wet Okole seat covers, Extang Trifecta Signature,
    I too am a very happy Mr. Marv customer. Box is excellent (JL 10TW3 low profile) and the HAT Imagines sound incredible even though they are still breaking in.

Marv was more than happy to take my phone calls and gladly helped troubleshoot my install too.

11. Mar 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    Goose8651

Goose8651 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab
    I have the same setup, but went with Clarus speakers. Hopefully tuning tomorrow with Marv! Really excited to be complete with the stereo and really hear it.

You are correct with Marv answering all my questions, either through phone or email.

Products Discussed in

To Top