Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

sony xplod problems, need help

Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
sony xplod problems, need help

i have a sony xplod i bought a little over a year ago from best buy, when ever i play any of my rock albums on my ipod itll play the first 20 seconds if i skip a song and then skip completely to the 1st album on my ipod, it doesnt do it with rap, or country and i even made a whole new rock play list to test it and it does the same thing, i unplugged the battery cable like the guy at best buy told me to do and it does the same thing. i do not have zap mode on and it is driving me nut cause i wanna listen to freakin rock music...any suggestions? btw i have the blue xplod

edit: i also used the ipod in my other truck without being able to duplicate the problem
Old 10-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Sony Xplod years ago and it was total garbage, I'd never buy one again myself lol.

Up until you said you couldn't replicate it in your other truck I thought it might be an ipod/mp3 issue. So it only does it with that HU and not with another or if you use the ipod by itself?
Old 10-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I had a Sony Xplod years ago and it was total garbage, I'd never buy one again myself lol.

Up until you said you couldn't replicate it in your other truck I thought it might be an ipod/mp3 issue. So it only does it with that HU and not with another or if you use the ipod by itself?

just that HU i tried it with the head unit in the dually with no problems, listened with head phones no problems and even plugged it into the system at the gym with no issues
Old 10-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
You bought Sony Xplode, that's your problem. Car audio is not their strong suit.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
You bought Sony Xplode, that's your problem. Car audio is not their strong suit.
10-4, any headunits youd recommend to replace it without breaking the bank? i also have sony speakers lol
Old 10-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
10-4, any headunits youd recommend to replace it without breaking the bank? i also have sony speakers lol
pioneer, kenwood, alpine. ect. they all have models that are more entry level/bank account friendly.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
No head unit inparticular, but anything from Kenwood will give you the best bang for your buck.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
thanks, both repped
Old 10-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #9

Old 10-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Id be willing to give you my kenwood unit cheap, but my pioneer DD touch screen wont be commin till christmas time
Old 10-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Kenwood KDC-X395 HU, I love it. HD radio ready, blue tooth ready, steering wheel controls(Need adapter for previous stated additions), Hi/Low pass filters, built in EQ's, 4v pre-amps, it's got all the bells and whistles for a great price.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX...Cx395&skipvs=T
Old 10-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #12

I got this one http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kSYbdcq...-KDC-X693.html. It's discontinued, but you can still find it if you look. I paid about $200 for it.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #13
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
going back to best buy to look up records tomorrow, it might still be under warranty, if not ill be on the hunt for a new hu
Old 10-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #15
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-w1qic0J...-KDC-X494.html

Dont remember how much I paid, still have the receipt tho.
This one also is a great HU. My sister has one that I installed in her Ford Focus for her, on her birthday. It may be that I'm not used to it, but it seems a little more complicated to use. There are more menus to go through when you are trying to find a certain song and as far as I know you can't control the Ipod WITH the Ipod like you can on the KDCX395, which is an awesome feature for when you have other people in you car who don't know how to work the head unit.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
This one also is a great HU. My sister has one that I installed in her Ford Focus for her, on her birthday. It may be that I'm not used to it, but it seems a little more complicated to use. There are more menus to go through when you are trying to find a certain song and as far as I know you can't control the Ipod WITH the Ipod like you can on the KDCX395, which is an awesome feature for when you have other people in you car who don't know how to work the head unit.
yessir, you can control the ipod either through the HU or by the Ipod. You are also able to search songs, artists, genres, playlists ect. and when searching you have the option to enter the first 1 or 2 or 3 letters of what you are looking for to narrow your search...the only thing is you dont have radio preset buttons but idc that much cuz its ipod 24/7 for me.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #17
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
yessir, you can control the ipod either through the HU or by the Ipod. You are also able to search songs, artists, genres, playlists ect. and when searching you have the option to enter the first 1 or 2 or 3 letters of what you are looking for to narrow your search...the only thing is you dont have radio preset buttons but idc that much cuz its ipod 24/7 for me.
If you can that's awesome. I haven't played with it much being that I can't stand the stench in her car and that it's a huge piece of shit. I didn't know it did all that. When people get in my truck I just hand them the Ipod and say listen to what you want.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I've ran Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine and never had an issue with any of them. All had things I liked about them. Currently running Kenwood. Really, the only HU I ever had an issue with was the Sony Xplod lol.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I have a sonly xplod hu in my truck and my parent's cars have sonx xplods too. We've never had any problems with them and my hu is around 4 years old now. Maybe we just got lucky?