Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

PA Speaker isnt loud at all...

Old 10-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
bayoubengal is on a distinguished road

bayoubengal's Tacoma Gallery
PA Speaker isnt loud at all...

I have a Cobra LTD 29 CB radio and the power horn PA speaker from radio shack. i went to install the pa speaker yesterday and the CB radio seems to not put out enough power for the speaker beacuse its not loud at all. Ive searched around and some members are using the same speaker and say its loud as hell. Does anyone know why it would work for them and not for me? Ive looked into an amp but dont wanna spend that kind of money. Any help is appreciated thanks.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #2

bump someones gotta know something about this
Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #3

bump
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know the specs but I can't imagine the radio putting out enough power to the PA to be that loud. Maybe the others are running a powered speaker?? Loud is objective sometimes. I'll see if I can't dig some more up.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the PA speaker you bought? If so the impedance is correct on it but it says 50w RMS. You are only putting 4 watts into it from the CB. 4 watts will give you some sound but I don't know how much or how loud it will get. Looks like the "dynamike" control on your cb controls the PA volume so make sure that is up. Other than that I would look for some type of amplifier or powered PA horn.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
rwalker is on a distinguished road

Name: Rian
rwalker's Tacoma Gallery
I had a setup like this in a previous truck. I ended up buying a 50w amp for 75$ and that boosted the sound ALOT.
It could be a defective speaker also.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendbolden View Post
Is this the PA speaker you bought? If so the impedance is correct on it but it says 50w RMS. You are only putting 4 watts into it from the CB. 4 watts will give you some sound but I don't know how much or how loud it will get. Looks like the "dynamike" control on your cb controls the PA volume so make sure that is up. Other than that I would look for some type of amplifier or powered PA horn.
Yeah thats the speaker i have. thanks for the info, im returning the speaker today to see if i cant find a powered speaker of some sort. if not i think ill have to hold off until i can get a small amp of some sort.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't looked, but you would think they would have those PA's with the amp built in.