Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stereo brackets - Double DIN to Single DIN

Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Stereo brackets - Double DIN to Single DIN

I'm going to replace the Double DIN OEM stereo in my '04 with a single DIN JVC. When I placed the order, I got the following message:
  • You will need to use the factory stereo brackets in order to install your new receiver. If you do not have the brackets you will need to obtain them from the dealership.
Would it be safe to assume that since I currently have a double, that I will not have the correct stereo brackets for the single, or are they in there hiding somewhere? Pic would be cool.

And if I have to purchase from a dealership, any idea approximately how much its going to set me back?

As always, thanks, and stay thirsty my friends...
Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Talbotman is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Talbotman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Talbotman
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I'm going to replace the Double DIN OEM stereo in my '04 with a single DIN JVC. When I placed the order, I got the following message:
  • You will need to use the factory stereo brackets in order to install your new receiver. If you do not have the brackets you will need to obtain them from the dealership.
Would it be safe to assume that since I currently have a double, that I will not have the correct stereo brackets for the single, or are they in there hiding somewhere? Pic would be cool.

And if I have to purchase from a dealership, any idea approximately how much its going to set me back?

As always, thanks, and stay thirsty my friends...

what they are talking about is two metal brackets that attach to the side of the factory radio. they get bolted to the single din adapter to bolt everything up. it seems complicated but when you pull the radio out you will know exactly what im talking about
Old 11-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbotman View Post
what they are talking about is two metal brackets that attach to the side of the factory radio. they get bolted to the single din adapter to bolt everything up. it seems complicated but when you pull the radio out you will know exactly what im talking about
Thank you. So there's not a difference between the double DIN and single DIN brackets, and I should have them already?

*EDIT - Just reread your post. I guess I would not have them since I have a double DIN.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Talbotman is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Talbotman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Talbotman
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Thank you. So there's not a difference between the double DIN and single DIN brackets, and I should have them already?

*EDIT - Just reread your post. I guess I would not have them since I have a double DIN.
lol yeah once you get the adapter kit for the deck, you will see where to bolt up the brackets that come off your stock deck
Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
KingToaster is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
KingToaster's Tacoma Gallery
Just did mine a couple of months back. Went from OEM double to aftermarket single DIN. Bought the required dash kit from the store and the brackets from the factory stereo mount to the dash kit and then you are in business.