Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Pioneer ???

Old 11-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
fjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shed
fjrmurph's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer ???

If i install a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Navigation Receiver will i be compatible with our rear camera? Has anyone installed this unit, any thing to say about it good or bad?

THKS
murph
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
saitcho is on a distinguished road
saitcho's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same question. If I remove the factory radio, does that also disable the rear view camera? In other vehicles this was true, not sure here on a toyota.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Removing the radio does nothing to the late model rear-view mirror display from the camera. To use the camera feed on the X930 (or any other aftermarket video device) you will have to make a custom set of connections between the OEM wiring and the video input. I know I've seen a post with photos of which wires have to be tapped, etc., shouldn't be hard to find.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
fjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjrmurph is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BUMP
Someone must have this system ?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
Air Force:
Lots of people, myself included have the system. I answered about the camera - what else do you want to know?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbridges View Post
Lots of people, myself included have the system. I answered about the camera - what else do you want to know?
I guess what i'm trying to decide is should i attempt this install myself or leave it to a pro.

THKS
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
Air Force:
Read the stickied items at the top of the forum. It turns out the Tacoma is actually quite easy compared to a lot of other cars. But if you're really nervous try to find someone in your area that has swapped out a stereo before. The basics are the basics, the only variable really is how to do the NAV/Video bypass, and the specific mechanisms of getting the old out/new in (pull climate control panel, undo 4 bolts, pull out, and then put new unit in. I would seriously suggest you get the Metra wiring harness adapters for Toyota, and if using the ASWC for steering wheel controls get that adapter too.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
i just talked to an installer he is telling me this unit Pioneer X 930BT, has a application that shuts down the DVD after 60 KPH, he is saying it picks up the 60 KPH from the GPS and there is no way to bypass it ??? is he full of shit, he is trying to sell me an Alpine HU ??
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
Air Force:
Don't know where you are located(KPH), but he is full of it for US models, from personal experience.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbridges View Post
Don't know where you are located(KPH), but he is full of it for US models, from personal experience.
OK thanks
i just wanted to check before i dropped $1000.00 on this unit
Old 11-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjrmurph View Post
OK thanks
i just wanted to check before i dropped $1000.00 on this unit
Hopefully that's installed, and comes with speaker installation -- Crutchfield has it for $799 with full factory warranty, and Sonic has it for $569.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
Taco Supreme!
roboots21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
roboots21's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 930BT and I love it. I did the parking brake bypass and also the mute wire hardware bypass and it works perfectly. Got mine for $550 on Amazon and got a $100 MIR through Pioneer. No complaints!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
Amazon.com
AVIC-X930BT
Buy new: $800.00 $568.00

Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Pioneer-AVIC-X9...0885650&sr=1-4
CDN$ 1,110.47

WTF

Why is we are expected to pay more for everything north of the border
I know last summer i was in New Hampshire, i priced a new Yamaha FJR 1300 it was $15200.00 on the show room floor, when i got back to Canada and went in to my local dealer ship the same bike was just over $20.000.00 WTF