Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

dc another sub question.....

Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
mhenson327 is on a distinguished road
mhenson327's Tacoma Gallery
dc another sub question.....

So I just blew one of my 10inch type s...I can get my hands on a 12inch jl w3 for basically free...will it fit in the taco???
Old 11-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
how hard is it to search google for mounting depth????
Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Way to not be a douche canoe 06. OP you can fit 1, 2, or 3 10" JL Audio W3v3's behind the rear seat of your DC Supercrewsound.com has a box that matches them almost perfectly and you can ask them to cut the airspace down to size for a perfect fit to the JL's order the extra mounting depth with the box. They are great boxes I've bought 3 from them they all have arrived in a timely manner, about 2 weeks, and have great customer service backing them up. You just have to remove the plastic cubby hold things in the back but not the child restraint bar. You might get lucky and find 2 JL's on craigslist, or some other buy/trade/sell site, but it's a gamble buying used electronics from someone you don't know because you don't know how hard they were used, or if they are blown or not, etc.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
How the fuck did you fit a 10 Type S behind there? I have one and the mounting depth is almost 6 inches.... no way in hell....
Old 11-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
mhenson327 is on a distinguished road
mhenson327's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Thanks canada for all your help...what is a google? There is more then just mounting depth for a sub to sound good...and thanks for the info warhohorse I would deff do that but this sub was given to me, maybe if I can sell it....and my 10inch type s is 4.3 inches deap maybe you ment type r?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
How the fuck did you fit a 10 Type S behind there? I have one and the mounting depth is almost 6 inches.... no way in hell....
For the past year or two it has been a "shallow" sub.

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/sws-1043d/Specs

4.3"