Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Question on Amp kit Please help wiring it today!

Old 11-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
SilverBullet07's Tacoma Gallery
Question on Amp kit Please help wiring it today!

Allright got a question... looking at my amp kit and I noticed that the fuse box isn't connected to the wire. Do I just cut the kicker wire where I want to put the fuse. I always though these came connected. Any help will be appreciated.. Im pretty sure this is what you do just not trying to mess up.

heres the amp kit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet07 View Post
*Just ended up buying a KICKER 8-Guage/AWG 4-Channel Amp Wiring Install Kit off ebay a little more than I wanted to spend but everything comes together and I know its a good brand.*

Complete 8 Gauge Z-Series 4-Channel Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 500 Watts max
  • Direct-connect engineering
  • Fewer connections for less signal distortion
  • Twisted-pair technology eliminates noise for crystal clear sound
  • Hyper-flex cable and wire
  • Full spec cable is true to gauge
  • 20 ft. (6.1m) Blue 8 AWG power wire
  • 3 ft. (0.9m) Black 8 AWG ground wire
  • 20 ft. (6.1m) Blue 18 AWG remote lead wire
  • 16.4 ft. (5m) Blue, black, and gray 4 Channel RCA cable
  • 60 ft. (18.3m) Blue and gray 16 AWG speaker cable
  • (1) Kicker 09FHS Fuse holder with 50 amp AFS fuse
  • Black rubber firewall grommet
  • (2) 8AWG Spade terminals
  • (5) 18AWG Spade terminals
  • (4) Female quick disconnect connectors
  • Black zip ties
  • Red butt connector
Old 11-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, just cut the wire wherever you want to put the fuse. Just make sure its within 12-18in of the battery.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Taco03 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Michael
Taco03's Tacoma Gallery
Yes that's what i had to do for mine.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Allright thanks
Old 11-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
have you considered upgrading your grounds and alt-batt cable?

at canadian tire they sell premade battery cables with assorted ends on them, maybe not the most conductive ring terminals but they still work.

alt-battery +

battery-engine block -

battery-frame -
Old 11-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishntaco View Post
Yep, just cut the wire wherever you want to put the fuse. Just make sure its within 12-18in of the battery.
what he said
Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Silver Member
Everything worked great thanks everybody!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you had to know that was coming.. since we can't hear it, lets see it!

glad it all worked out!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
Silver Member
I will post some pictures when I get my camera back since my gf took it to her house.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
Adrenaline Addict

we'll be checkin for em... the retrofit headlights look great btw
Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #11
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
we'll be checkin for em... the retrofit headlights look great btw
x2 sick retrofits!!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
Silver Member
Thanks I love my retrofit.. Except it makes me want to but matching lights in my fogs... hahah can never buy enough.

Pictures will be up tomorrow hopefully! It sounds great and love that it looks all stock since I hid the bass knob in the center console but it blows the stock system out of the water.

I find my self looking for excuses to drive places.