Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Jl Audo Stealth Box 05 Double Cab

Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
DBitar is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
Jl Audo Stealth Box 05 Double Cab

I was looking into buying a jl audio stealth box with the 10 tens built for the double cab toyota tacoma, but i was a little iffy because its so exepensive, does anyone have it and can vouche for it being worth it or not? thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit Ten 10's?!

Jk it's a clean set up
Old 11-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I had the JL stealth box in my 2001 F150 and man........................ DA BOMB! its worth it
Old 11-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
DBitar is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
DBitar's Tacoma Gallery
haha ya they are just tens but i dont wana have to take out seats anymore. so im trying to find alternate ways.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
disassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to all
disassemble's Tacoma Gallery
the stealth box in my 2001 is RIDICULOUS! i NEED to buy the JL Stealthbox for my new 2012. 100% no question. i think it removes the stock sub and just replaces with bolt in parts.. not sure yet.. ill buy and let you kno
Old 08-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I find it to be over priced for what it sounds like.

Yes, it is a very clean sounding setup. However, you can build it with the same parts for A LOT cheaper.

If you can't build a box and can't find someone to do it, go for it.. But it is over priced like everything JL sells.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
I have it. One of the first things I bought after getting the truck. I love it! I'm pretty well known on here for being knowledgeable in mobile electronics, specifically sound systems. I have years of experience in this area and have always been a big advocate of JL audio. If you plan on using a cheap amp, then don't waste your money. But if your going to use a good quality amp (I highly recommend JL) then its worth every penny.

In all honesty, I believe that a custom made box with the same subs is more capable of sounding better than JLs box, however, finding someone who knows how to build a box better than a JL box is pretty rare, and it would cost just as much. You can just throw some mdf wood and fiberglass together and call it a custom box. It takes much knowledge in geometry and algebra as well as craftsman skills to make a better box. Hence the reason why they have scientists design these things ans charge about $700 for them.

In the end, its worth it. This is what I tell everyone who asks about the stealthbox.....

If your into the low-ridin' want ur truck to go "boom, boom" from half a mile away.. this box is NOT for you!

If you are willing to spend a little extra to have an amazingly clean install and a perfect acoustic sound designed specifically for our trucks, and most importantly you understand that subwoofers are more than just to vibrate your nose hairs and you want good clean sound, then this is for you. But ONLY if you use a good amp with it.

Another benefit is the box bolts to the rear cab wall, making theft way more difficult!

Hope all this helps. Oh btw, where are you located? I get these boxes at just above cost, but I will not ship. So if your local in socal, pm me.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
rwhite188 is just really nicerwhite188 is just really nicerwhite188 is just really nicerwhite188 is just really nice

Name: Ray
rwhite188's Tacoma Gallery
I could not justify spending that much for JL Audio. I found a probox that someone had blown the speakers in and bought it and put in (2) 8 inch Alpine R's. It sounds great and cost me about half as much.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite188 View Post
I could not justify spending that much for JL Audio. I found a probox that someone had blown the speakers in and bought it and put in (2) 8 inch Alpine R's. It sounds great and cost me about half as much.
Just preference I suppose. I'm just not a big fan of Type-R subs. I think the JL is cleaner and tighter. But its all just listening preference. Like I said I'm sure a much cheaper sub box can be purchase or built, but I'm happy with it. Not sure I'd pay full price for it though. I guess it's easier for me to say cuz I paid less then $500 for mine total so I'm slightly biased.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
disassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to all
disassemble's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for taking the time to write that up for me. I truly am a fan of clean professionalism. You just sealed the deal for me. I love my 10w3 with my 2001 tacoma so this one should be amazing.

What amp do you reccomend and where should I buy it? I was going to purchase the stealth box from here <== do you think thats a good place?

I also wanted to purchase the same remote start I had in my 2001. The Viper. Can someone reccomend a good place to purchase it on the internet?

Any other tips you may have let me know. I'm really excited about building this new truck. My 2001 is completly done and now this is the next project.

thanks again

i'm from NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
I have it. One of the first things I bought after getting the truck. I love it! I'm pretty well known on here for being knowledgeable in mobile electronics, specifically sound systems. I have years of experience in this area and have always been a big advocate of JL audio. If you plan on using a cheap amp, then don't waste your money. But if your going to use a good quality amp (I highly recommend JL) then its worth every penny.

In all honesty, I believe that a custom made box with the same subs is more capable of sounding better than JLs box, however, finding someone who knows how to build a box better than a JL box is pretty rare, and it would cost just as much. You can just throw some mdf wood and fiberglass together and call it a custom box. It takes much knowledge in geometry and algebra as well as craftsman skills to make a better box. Hence the reason why they have scientists design these things ans charge about $700 for them.

In the end, its worth it. This is what I tell everyone who asks about the stealthbox.....

If your into the low-ridin' want ur truck to go "boom, boom" from half a mile away.. this box is NOT for you!

If you are willing to spend a little extra to have an amazingly clean install and a perfect acoustic sound designed specifically for our trucks, and most importantly you understand that subwoofers are more than just to vibrate your nose hairs and you want good clean sound, then this is for you. But ONLY if you use a good amp with it.

Another benefit is the box bolts to the rear cab wall, making theft way more difficult!

Hope all this helps. Oh btw, where are you located? I get these boxes at just above cost, but I will not ship. So if your local in socal, pm me.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #11
Jiinx is on a distinguished road

Jiinx's Tacoma Gallery
I got my Stealthbox off Cutchfield and power it with a Rockford Fosgate P 500-2 and it hits pretty good... no complaints. You should be fine ordering it off techronics.com. Price is not bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...fosgate+p500-2

I've had the viper 5902 with remote start for a year in a half now and its performed as good as i could have expected. Bought off Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-5902-Res...ds=viper+alarm

Overall, I'm totally satisfied with my set-up. Could be better, could be worse.. but if I had to do it over again, I'd still get the Stealthbox. Clean install, clean sound, good bass.
Attached Thumbnails
Jl Audo Stealth Box 05 Double Cab-img_2364.jpg  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
tjwomble93 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tate
tjwomble93's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, I'm in the process of getting custom subs and can't decide between a completely custom setup at my local shop (two 10" dd audio 1000w series, custom box, 1000w dd audio amp) for $950 or this setup used for $200-$300? is the extra money really worth it?