Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

kicker L7 8s vs dayton 10?

Old 11-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
cmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to behold

cmytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
kicker L7 8s vs dayton 10?

I have the dayton ten inch vs 2 L7 8s? should i go ported or sealed on the 8s or just a ported 10? and i own all these speakers and amps already so the only cost is building the proper box. would be running either a kicker SX900.4 or a PPI PCX 2200. the dayton is a 4ohm where the 8s are 2ohm each. I am looking for spl cause im doing 8s in the doors and have diamond 4 in mids and tweets in the kick panels. im gonna take my current infinity kappa perfect comps to the rear and wire in my center channel that match the kicks in the cupolder area in front of the gear shift (auto double cab long bed) is there a way to put the 8s under the rear seat and the ported dayon ten behind the seat? or would that just be overkill? Which one would give me more bang for the buck? im coming down from an L7 ported 12 and dont want to lose too much bump thanks for ur time!
Old 11-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say L7's and pics when done.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Which dayton 10?

And the answer to your question in the other thread is yes, you could fit a box for ported 8's behind the seat. It will be tricky though. Also depends on how big it has to be.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
cmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to behold

Did u make one of ur under seat boxes ported? What would be, if any, of doing the box under instead of behind the seat?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmytacoma View Post
Did u make one of ur under seat boxes ported? What would be, if any, of doing the box under instead of behind the seat?
You will only have about .9 cubic feet to play with under the seats if you go that route. I haven't checked the kicker specs but I'd imagine you need more than that for a ported enclosure.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
You will only have about .9 cubic feet to play with under the seats if you go that route. I haven't checked the kicker specs but I'd imagine you need more than that for a ported enclosure.
Minimum Vented space is .66 Max is 1.0^3 ft.
Edit:http://www.kicker.com/Solo-Baric_L7
and the reason I said L7 is because I've never heard a Dayton in person.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Sounds Gooooood

Can't get the kicker site to load but if they are shallow enough (doubt it but fingers crossed) they could do very well ported down there. The ports are tricky though I'm warning you. But if you are baller like that you'd be admitted into the under seat subs club...USSC
Old 11-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #8

They are 4 13/16 mounting depth from what I've read. Do u have a blue print of something similar that would work for these? Im willing to give it a try if we can make it work!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Sounds Gooooood

I think they should fit then. I'm using the Elemental Designs e3.8 and they're 4.375" deep but I think you can get the rest under there no problem.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
Sounds Gooooood

Hell, if you have the subs pull out the bin liner and test fit those bitches.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Will The Thrill

As per the Kicker Site. If I had a 2nd gen that's what I would do. Pics when you get done!
Quote:
Model Solo-Baric L7 8"
Size (IN.,CM) 8, 20.32
Impedance (OHMS) 2 or 4 DVC
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 900/450
Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) 83.6 Frequency Response (Hz) 28-100
Mounting Depth (IN.,CM) 4-3/4, 12.1
Mounting Cutout, Square (IN.,CM) 7-1/4, 18.4
Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) .33, 9.4
Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) .75, 21.2
Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** .66, 18.6
Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 1.0, 28.3
Old 11-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #12

I know what im doing this afternoon! Do u have blueprints for ported 8s? Im down if u got em! May even have u make the stuff and ill do the fiberglass myself! With a lil help from u lol. What would it cost me including blueprints?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
Sounds Gooooood

What do you mean by blueprints? If you mean CAD drawings and stuff I got nothing for you. If you mean port tuning lengths and stuff I can help with that for sure.

And if you'd like me to make the top part with the ports attached PM me.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #15
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, I wanna do under seat mounting with L7 8's too. Pics and port specs when done please!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #16

will do! and ur from the 559! im originally from fresno lol ill be in town for thanksgiving, if i bring the truck down ill let u see it in person! but we may take the ladys IS250 depends on if were gonna go boarding while were down there
Old 11-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, good ol valley haha.

Sounds good man I'd like to take a look and listen, I had them in my s10 and they rocked, just not too sure about air space under our seats.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I'd say L7's and pics when done.
This