Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

"Connecting an iPod to the stock stereo" question

Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
"Connecting an iPod to the stock stereo" question

I'd really like to plug my iPod into my stereo, but I have the stock unit model #A56823. It does not have an outlet for MP3 players on the front. Now, before I go and tear into this just to see if it has pre-outs (RCA plugs) in the back of the unit, by chance, do any of you guys know by experience, if I have them on this unit? It would save me a bunch of time & trouble. And yes, I have tried the cassette connector thingy & it sounds horrible.....
Thanks a lot!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
SmootDog will become famous soon enoughSmootDog will become famous soon enough

SmootDog's Tacoma Gallery
Your stock stereo does not have any RCA inputs on it, but there is a piece you can get that will plug in to your stereo and control your Ipod. SoundGate TOYPD2 is your answer. My 2009 came with one and it works good. I have since replaced the stereo, and plan to use the TOYPD2 in my wife's 4Runner. Here is a link:
http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...a29f8d92c82e0b

Good luck!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, at over $200 I might as well get a new stereo that has one built in!
Thank you for the link anyway, dude.....
Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
I think I paid about $70 for mine. I can go back and forth through the songs pretty well - the text doesn't work that well, and browsing the playlist takes a little learning, but it works and I'm enjoying it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280271653586
Old 11-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You may want to do a search for "Ipod to car"
Thats what Im running in my truck, and all the functions (steering included) work the Ipod.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
sAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud of

Air Force: 19 EMXS/MXMG
sAm I aM's Tacoma Gallery
I got the metra adapter and I think it only cost about 50 bucks.??? Can't remember but here is the link to the thread. I picked mine up at circuit city. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...3-adapter.html Works well for the price. Thats if its compatiable with your unit. Good luck.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #8
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like there's plenty of options - I'm def going to ask before I buy my next mod! I have pictures of my iPod / flashlight in my console in my uploaded pics... I like things NEAT, LOL