1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom Sub Box

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BGreene, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Nov 12, 2008 at 3:54 PM
    BGreene

BGreene [OP] Rookie Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Sharpsburg, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DC- Black
    Blacked Out Emblems, Blacked out grille, 20% Tint-over factory, Paint matched rear bumper, 3" Suspension Lift, Custom "TRD Black" Decals, BHLM, Seat belt chime mod. Mods to come: Bull bar, step bars, scooped hood, OEM skid plate, tinted tails
    Hey guys. I'm looking at building a custom sub box to fit behind my rear seat of my 08 DC. I just want 1 10", but was going to put it behind the right seat so I will have space to mount the sub and amp.

Does anyone have the measurements to build a box like that? Something like this except only one side

http://shop.*********.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=26

2. Nov 12, 2008 at 4:00 PM
    monoman

monoman Time to get dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Exotic, San Jose, Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Sky Tacoma SR Access Cab 4X4
    SnugTop SuperSport shell CaliRaisedLED light bar Toyo Open Country AT/3's Bilstein 5100's up front, (#2) & 4600 in rear Daily driver....
    I know I have an older Tacoma, (dbl cab) but I did this same thing with a 300 w amp mounted under my seat & a 12" sub behind my seat. The sub box is about 18 inches wide & 14 inches high. It really sounds nice too.....:D

3. Nov 13, 2008 at 3:38 AM
    craigFLA

craigFLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    Are you dead-set on building your own?

Unless you already have all the materials and equipment, your better off IMO contacting Marv.

Marv built mine to fit behind the drivers seat and my amp-rack. I know he builds them to fit behind the passenger seat, but I wanted the amp rack as long as possible, and the box behind the drivers seat (barely) squeaks by in air-space for the JL13TW5 (with polyfil...)

Many others here will attest to the quality of his work, and his reputation on this site (and others) for helping others.

Personally, I dont agree with some of the "tactics" used by other (more popular) "companies" building "custom" Tacoma enclosures on this site and others. I'd rather deal with someone trying to help me then someone trying to sell me...but again, thats just my personal opinion.

Do you already have a sub, or a sub in mind?

www.mrmarv.com

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/MrMarv/

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/au...uble-cab-complete-audio-install-tutorial.html

4. Nov 13, 2008 at 9:45 AM
    robsatx

robsatx Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma & 2008 Tundra
    Audio, lift
    we have a sub box that looks like this:

http://www.*********.com/images/sub2.jpg

fits like this:
    [​IMG]

You can get it with an Image Dynamics ID10 for $199 or you can get it with an IDQ10 for $289.
    We also carry the amp board that is custom fit in that storage area.

Have you upgraded your speakers yet?

5. Nov 13, 2008 at 4:31 PM
    BGreene

BGreene [OP] Rookie Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Sharpsburg, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DC- Black
    Blacked Out Emblems, Blacked out grille, 20% Tint-over factory, Paint matched rear bumper, 3" Suspension Lift, Custom "TRD Black" Decals, BHLM, Seat belt chime mod. Mods to come: Bull bar, step bars, scooped hood, OEM skid plate, tinted tails
    What exactly is Image Dynamics ID10 and IDQ10? Is that a speaker company? I've never heard of it. How much would it be for just the box? What is it made out of?

6. Nov 14, 2008 at 3:28 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs

call marv!!!

7. Nov 14, 2008 at 4:04 AM
    Addicted

Addicted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - Black
    I second this ^^^ CALL MARV!!!

8. Nov 14, 2008 at 6:20 AM
    robsatx

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    Audio, lift
    I agree call Marv if you need something really custom. Check out his site, you will see he does tons of custom stuff for lots of different cars.

However if you want stuff that was designed and engineered to work in your Tacoma check out *********.com. We field tested many different setups to come up with great sounding options just for your Tacoma. We chose ID because of their great reputation for great sound.

You can google Image Dynamics and find them on just about every audio site that exists. We have sold hundreds of our sub boxes and not ONE return. We get many emails from happy customers.

All of our items are 3D rendered and CAD designed. They are cut using computer guided equipment. We also offer custom speaker mounts for just about anything you will need. If it is to custom we will pass it off to someone that can make it for you.

We also offer custom amp installation kits.
    Bundled pkgs on audio equipment that we field tested and got thumbs up from many customers.

Why take a chance and order stuff that "might" sound good. We have already done all the legwork.

Here is a part of a bundle pkg . . . more details in a few days.

BTW, it is tough to see, but that is an amp board that was DESIGNED to fit in the storage area. Notice how it takes the shape of the storage compartment. It is not a rectangular opening.

http://www.*********.com/tacomaworld/subpackage.jpg

9. Nov 14, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Looks like you lose the driver's side rear seat :p

10. Nov 14, 2008 at 10:42 AM
    robsatx

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    Audio, lift
    Lose the seat? No, that is just a picture to show the entire setup. The seat goes back into place after you install the sub.

11. Nov 14, 2008 at 12:48 PM
    kmrofka

kmrofka Im so hungry i can ride a horse...

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Prerunner SR5
    Stripped down to the frame
    get a hold of Jgut he got his on ebay that fit two subs and the amps and its completely conceald behind the seat with not mods there should be a model for the single sub

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Nov 14, 2008 at 12:59 PM
    robsatx

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    Audio, lift
    Same here,we offer them loaded with ID or IDQs.

[​IMG]

13. Nov 14, 2008 at 1:12 PM
    kmrofka

kmrofka Im so hungry i can ride a horse...

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Prerunner SR5
    Stripped down to the frame
    yeah thats what he has but he got the kicker l5 solo baracs or how ever you spell it

14. Nov 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM
    robsatx

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    Audio, lift
    WE offer those UNLOADED for the solobarics.

15. Nov 14, 2008 at 3:23 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Theres not too much really "custom" about the enclosure or amp rack he built ME, probably not that much different then the 100's of enclosures he's built for our Trucks over the years;)

Its pretty easy to read/hear what people have to say about Marv... just google Mr marv...lol...

Then check out Mr Marv on DIYmobileaudio.com, Toyota Nation, elitecaraudio, and about any other site you want.

While your at Toyota Nation, Search Robsatx (I believe its the same username) and read some of the "questionable" stuff that happened there.

While your at elitecaraudio, do the same...or is that one of the sites that banned him? I get them confused...

Then, try to count the thousands of threads (all over the web) where Marv has given FREE advice and helped others, many of which are people who bought products from other places (like *********.)

Then, see how many similar posts you find by rob.

Ever wonder why you dont see Marv on these sites "pushing" his stuff? Its because he doesnt have too. He works by reputation.

I really dont want to get into "bashing" (is it too late???:p), as this site is known for NOT being that sort of environment. I like it here for that reason.

I obviously have an opinion on this matter :D, as quite honestly I dont like salesmen spamming our threads! I'm suprised this is allowed to happen here, but assume that its only a matter of time before the mods here get tired of it (as they have on other sites).

Good luck, and do your OWN research (not taking the word of this salesman spammer) before making your own educated decision.

Ohh, and look into other subs (like the ARC 10) before purchasing an ID....just a suggestion.

16. Nov 14, 2008 at 3:28 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    You're kinda a few days late, craig. Marv has all but taken off from here. Talked to him on the phone.

I'm not going to say who or what, but there's a reason behind that. I'll let the mods decide how much they care to reveal publicly.

17. Nov 14, 2008 at 3:36 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

HMMMM......:popcorn:

Marvs gotta be the easiest going guy on the planet, so this must have been big for him to take off!

I havent talked to Marv in a week or 2, I'll call him tomorrow.

I certainly hope hes not gone...as Marv is well respected, and is a real asset to Tacoma World.

18. Nov 14, 2008 at 3:53 PM
    Coheednme13

Coheednme13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MattDaddy
    Elgin, SC
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD Sport
    Yeah I talked to Marv about this too it's a shame but I guess it is human nature. That is why there aren't many nice people left out there anymore they are nice and it doesn't pay off for them

19. Nov 14, 2008 at 4:01 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
  20. Nov 14, 2008 at 4:20 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    That's still only half of it.

Products Discussed in